Roku TV Emby Channel

halkernel

halkernel

I was trying to install emby on my roku device, and found that it is only available abroad (us, uk and so on). Is there
any way for installing via roku channel code? Or even a workaround that doesn't need VPN or recreate my account
under another IP.

Just now, cayars said:

https://blog.roku.com/brazil

Yes, they announced the rollout back in January!

Yes, I see but I imagine the device he's using would have to be one actually purchased there.  Is that the case?

We make our app available in all regions the Roku supports.

halkernel

Hey, @ebr Roku devices are sold here. They partnered with AOC (and I bought from them). Also, tthe device I bought was purchased here in Brazil.

Our app is published in Brazil.  Please be sure you are looking in the "International" category of the store.

halkernel

I scrolled over the whole International category on TV and in the web interface as well. And I still did not find it. =/.
Also, everytime I click in the link for the Roku App Store o emby website. I'm redirected to  https://channelstore.roku.com/pt-br/ and there is no emby app there.

Edited by halkernel

Does the IP address originate from Brazil that you've used to register the Roku account that ties your Roku? The same IP address your Roku uses is what you need to use when you register on Roku.com and create your account. Once you have the account created you can tie your Roku into it using the PIN. Once you have done that you are tied to Brazil Roku store. Are you sure you are tied to the correct store? If you tie a Brazil IP Roku to an American IP Roku account it will not allow installing applications or searching for them. Have you done this correctly?

Edited by speechles

halkernel

@speechles Yes, I've done that under a Brazilian IP. I didn't even know that creating under another IP would show different apps or themes until yesterday when I was looking why emby was not appearing on my roky channel store.

Okay.. so for info.. https://channelstore.roku.com/pt-br/ 

I go to the URL above with my American IP address tied to my American Roku account. I cannot search at all. 

Sua pesquisa não retornou nenhum canal.

You must not have done this correctly. You must create your Roku account on Roku.com with a Brazil IP address. Your Roku must use an IP also from Brazil (not necessarily the same IP). Use the "Roku" to search and not the website with a browser. Use the search within the Roku to get Emby. You will find Emby. Let us know if this helps or does not.

Apologies for the issue. The reason some countries cannot install over the web interface is because of piracy. They do not want users to share links to piracy apps. In some countries you cannot install private apps with links either. Roku controls this. We are playing in their park. They make the rules. We must advise users how to play by those rules. This is their policy.

Edited by speechles

halkernel

Well, I've created the account on roku.com, but everytime I access, it redirects me to https://www.roku.com/pt-br/ .
My roku device is using the same network. I just mentioned the VPN or another IP in the beginning because I have searched and found some answers on it. But the whole time I didn't use any vpn or proxy.

I've used the tv, and scrolled for the whole international category on roku, and I still cannot find it. Searching for it doesn't return anything also.

6 minutes ago, halkernel said:

Well, I've created the account on roku.com, but everytime I access, it redirects me to https://www.roku.com/pt-br/ .
My roku device is using the same network. I just mentioned the VPN or another IP in the beginning because I have searched and found some answers on it. But the whole time I didn't use any vpn or proxy.

I've used the tv, and scrolled for the whole international category on roku, and I still cannot find it. Searching for it doesn't return anything also.

Exactly. Create the account after they redirect you. Make a new account if you must. The very first IP address that created the account matters. Any IP address logging in after is irrelevant. This is why you must be very careful. If you travel you may need 3 Roku accounts for each of your 3 Roku you bring along as you travel. One for Brazil, One for America, One for Russia. That is how this game must be played. Very carefully.

Can you repeat the process and create a new Roku account and let it redirect you? Make sure to always use a Brazil IP. Then after create the account. Make your Roku factory reset. Then tie it to the new account you just created. After that you can use that Roku to search for Emby.

It will find Emby if you search with the Roku. It should. If it does not come back and tells us. We may have to investigate what is going on. Brazil is on the list of approved countries and if this doesn't work we need to be aware. Please let us know. Thanks. ;)

Edited by speechles

@ebr Are you positive in the countries list for publication that Brazil has that check mark next to it? Pretty sure your last remark meant that was verification that you have indeed checked that area on the manage apps section of Roku? Brazil might have its own country and not be international any more. They did that with France and Italy before. We had to go back and check them.

Edited by speechles

halkernel

I'll do that in one hour from now or less fyi. Also, fyi, I've created the currrent account after they redirect me, so this doesn't make sense. But I'll create another and I'll let you know just to make sure 😃 . I'll be back as soon as I have it done.

They make it far too difficult for people in Brazil to participate on Roku. They wonder why so much piracy is rampant there. Because the legal avenues are just like this and very complicated and messy and hard to get through all the hoops. I applaud you. We will help you get Emby on your Roku. Please let us know what happens. Thanks. ;)

@halkernel I see the issue. 

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/01/24/rokus-international-expansion-will-start-taking-ho.aspx

They didn't give Brazil the Roku. You do not get all the apps. They gave Brazil Roku-Powered which is entirely different.

https://www.roku.com/en-ot/roku-powered

If you cannot see Emby using your Roku once you register using a Brazil IP address both to create the Roku account and use with the Roku it is because the box is branded. What that means is AOC didn't just tell Roku bring all your apps along. They curate it looks like what apps get in and which do not. That "Roku-Powered" program you can't ask your applications to get added. If enough users demand your application then they will add it. They control what gets on.

You may need to ask AOC where is Emby? Why isn't Emby on AOC branded Roku boxes in Brazil? The last time we approached them(Roku-Powered about Australia Telstra) they told us it is "invite only". Once they want you on their branded box they ask you. Not the other way around.

The territories where there is a major player controlling a monopoly get branded boxes that are Roku-Powered. The UK has the Sky/NowTV on Roku. Australia has the Telstra on Roku. South Africa has Kwese Play on Roku. Asia has PLDT on Roku. Phillipines has Globe on Roku. All are co-branded and each curates their own app stores with apps they want on their device. Not all Roku apps are on these Roku-Powered boxes.

Can you find any "Personal Media streaming" applications on your Roku or do they not carry any?

Edited by speechles

@halkernel

https://channelstore.roku.com/pt-br/browse/international

Does Emby ever appear on that list for you? It should.. If you access it through the /international . Also just FYI the Emby app will recognize your language and automatically start in Portuguese if you register the Roku as PT-BR. If not you can change language inside the Emby app to one of 30+ supported language available in the Display section of the settings.

halkernel

I see. I can ask AOC, but I don't think much people will ask besides me.

I didn't know about it -> https://www.roku.com/en-ot/roku-powered and I don't think mine is that one because I am able to look for and install apps and get updates from roku (even on friday I got the same problem that other thousands of users got where some apps were uninstalled suddenly and roku launched an update that solved that).

I've created the account as you suggested and everything still the same.

9 minutes ago, speechles said:

@halkernel

https://channelstore.roku.com/pt-br/browse/international

Does Emby ever appear on that list for you? It should.. If you access it through the /international . Also just FYI the Emby app will recognize your language and automatically start in Portuguese if you register the Roku as PT-BR. If not you can change language inside the Emby app to one of 30+ supported language available in the Display section of the settings.

Emby doesn't appear there. Neither there in the web store neither in the TV channel store.

Can you find any "Personal Media streaming" applications on your Roku or do they not carry any?

I cannot find it. Is there any other name for that? I'm looking for it rn.

14 minutes ago, halkernel said:

I cannot find it. Is there any other name for that? I'm looking for it rn.

https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=EmbyBeta

Can you add that channel? Does that allow you? That is the Emby Beta for Roku. Maybe the private link works?

AlBwnOn.png

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/44191/media-browser-3

Try to add that channel. For some oddball reason it has the old name on some languages. That might be all this is. Can you add both the channels above at those links?

Edited by speechles

halkernel

After loading for two minutes it said that

O código do canal informado está associado a um canal indisponível na sua região.
The channel code informed it is associated to a channel unavailable in your region.

So I think that won't work.

@ebr Please double check to make absolutely sure we are allowed in Brazil in the manage apps of both the Store and Beta versions. Thank you very much sir. Maybe triple and quadruple check too. It seems everyone in Brazil cannot get Emby and that is a serious problem. Tried every which way and now we get the real answer. Regional issue.

@halkernel Not yet. We need to check first.

@ebr

Jw1k7Qv.png

The above is an example. I have no idea which are checked. This is just an example above to show all the territories.

There are definitely new territories added that will need check marks if you haven't checked this in awhile. Are you sure on both Beta and Store all these are all checked? Not to nag. Just do not want to seem we hate Brazil. We love Brazil. RONALDO AM SCORE GOAL! GOAAAALLLL! Believe me.. there is no hate of Brazil here. Not in this world. We just need to check all the boxes. Roku added new territories with new boxes to check. That is all this is.

Edited by speechles