No LAN Connectivity PLEASE HELP

TerraBell
Go to solution Solved by Q-Droid,

TerraBell

I have been a long time user of Emby and never had an issue. Recently my router died and I upgraded to Netgear AX6 4300 router and for some reason the server can be detected on LAN or WAN, Other desktop, phone(app) nothing. I was running an asus 3100 and never had to configure anything for emby. I have looked through the connectivity troubleshooter and cannot figure it out. Just to check that similar LAN services are not being blocked I install plex and it works no problem BUT I HATE PLEX. The server is up and running on the base computer with no issues but no other devices can connect to it.

TerraBell

Sorry I should update on server info, 

The servers is running on a Windows 10 computer, LAN only, with the newest version on Emby (updated today), the other devices are 2 desktops(LAN ) and 2 phones (WAN) only.

pwhodges

Perhaps the original router was using uPnP, and the replacement router has uPnP disabled by default.

Paul

Happy2Play

LAN issues usually mean a firewall issue, but a new router should not affect the already configured firewall on the Emby system.  From a WAN standpoint yes there may need to be some configuration on the router.

Are you saying you have no connectivity to Emby via other devices on your LAN?

TerraBell

The server was working on all devices before the router switch, and now Yes, I have no connectivity via other devices on my LAN, and WAN. Also I am pretty sure i disabled uPnP on my other router as well, but ill double check.

Edited by TerraBell

• Solution
Q-Droid

New router usually means new network to Windows. Did you by chance tell it the new network was public instead of private? Check your network profile.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

New router usually means new network to Windows. Did you by chance tell it the new network was public instead of private? Check your network profile.

This is great advice...