How to login on Samsung tv?

sobeitjedi

sobeitjedi

Hi. I'm moving to Emby from Plex and am doing some testing. Emby works on all my devices apart from a Samsung tv. The app is installed, my user account is there to login to, but I cannot login because my password has numbers in and I cannot fathom how to input numeric values in the password field using my remote. 

Can someone please help? Sounds like there should be an obvious solution that I'm missing. 

Edited by sobeitjedi

sobeitjedi

Can't see an app version number as I can't get past the login screen. It was a fresh install as of a few hours ago. 

FrostByte

The Samsung store should have listed the version downloaded, but I'm guessing it's .112?  Unless you installed an evolution kit changing your TV to Tizen OS

Ok so you're on the old orsay app. Have you checked out our emby connect login feature? This will help make this much easier for you.

FrostByte

Sorry, I meant .122.  That's the latest for Orsay TVs.

Could you post a picture of the screen you see  when typing your password?  Does a row of numbers/letters show up at the top when typing?  My TV from the same year is sitting in the closet so it's been awhile.  If need be I may go pull it out.  

sobeitjedi

Ok, done some playing around but I'm back where I started - this shouldn't be this hard!

When I launch Emby, I get this (see Screen1 image) ...

I choose my profile which takes me to the login screen (see Screen2 image) where I can only enter A-Z in the password box. If I press "1" (for example) on my remote, it puts a starred out character in the password field, which I assume is an "a". Multiple presses of "1" just input more "a"'s. So I'm stuck.

As some of you have suggested, I tried the Emby Connect approach using the 3rd icon on Screen1. This presents me with essentially a url and a pin cde. On my browser on my laptop, I visit the url, enter my username, password & pin and I get a login success (or something similar message). My TV screen automatically then returns to Screen1, and I'm back at the start again, still not logged in.

What next?

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Remote.jpg

sobeitjedi

Cracked it - pressing TTX/MIX toggles between lowercase/uppercase/numbers/characters on the password field. So obvious, right?

Thanks for all your help. Glad I'm finally logged in after 3 days of trying.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Good to hear.  It seems every remote is different and I have four which look nothing like that one.  On my laser pointing remote I can bring up an on screen keypad and switch between the different character sets.  A USB keyboard works on some TVs also.