Subtitles not working - Dev build

rblu19

the media info in the web client will display if they are forced or not.

ABNParatrooper

OK thanks, but I am not too worried about the web client, I don't use that much, but I do use the desktop client religiously. That being said, what you recommend I try/do to get my subtitles to work for all file types? Or maybe someone can share their configuration settings that work for them. I am running windows 7 64bit on the server, one client machine, and windows 8 on another. Just off the top, (I have checked yet), but can codecs installed on the server affect what happens on the clients?

Update: Just checked, no additional codecs installed on server. Looking thru the lav settings on the server, there is no entry for srt under the formats tab. Not sure if that matters or not.post-2499-0-30432400-1433693217_thumb.png

Edited by abnranger67

the media info in the web interface will display it to answer your previous question about how do you know if they're marked forced or not.

no, installed codecs generally don't matter, except for Emby for WMC.

• 2 weeks later...
Tolerant

If I had to just take a shot and guess, the subs are playing but you are not seeing them. Change the renderer to MadVR and test with that and I would bet that you will see subs once the position of them is proper and not being cut off below the bottom of the image.

ABNParatrooper

I made the change to MVR with no difference, the subs still do not show on the screen. Here is the odd thing, I have TV series (Silicon Valley for instance), the subs show fine and they are mp4 files. I then tested on The Adventurer Curse of the Midas box and the subs did not show. I have some MKV that do not show either, for Hunger Games Mickingjay, they show but for some others they do not.

• Like 1

scanner50

One thing I tried that actually fixed most of my weird subtitle issues was to actually completely uninstall the server and delete everything including the cache (if you are a donater then you can also backup your config first). After I reinstalled it fresh most of my problems went away. It must have had something to do with all the updates installing over each other for months. Did you try that?

ABNParatrooper

Removing then reinstalling the server is not something that I have tried yet. I am holding off on that till last resort. I too many friends and relatives that connect to my server. I am going to be redoing my entire network soon and moving my server to a blade server. I will see what happens once that is done.

yea don't do that. the server won't have any affect on subtitle position in Emby Theater.

• 3 months later...
yardameus

My issue (subtitles playing but hidden by black bottom bar) was resolved by switching from EVR+ to EVR or MadVR.