How to recover deleted program recording

ICPete

I accidentally hit Delete when I meant to Play a recording from earlier today.

I can't find any unDelete feature in the GUI.

I used to use Dish, and they had an option to restore a program you had deleted accidentally.

I looked into my server where the shows are stored, and can see files from other days, but not the one I deleted.

Is there really NO WAY to recover a file if you accidentally delete a recording off Live TV??

I even checked the server's recycle bin, but nothing there.

Hello @ICPete,

There is no unDelete feature in Emby.

If you confirmed the delete in Emby and it's not in your recycle bin it will be permanently deleted as it's designed to do.

OK I installed the SafeDelete plugin, set the recycled bin location in its settings, then tried deleting a recorded TV show I didn't care about.

After doing so I'm not seeing any option to restore it, and in the Activity tab of the SafeDelete plugin interface, there is no activity showing up.

However I have discovered that deleting a show even without that plugin causes it to be deleted into my regular Recycle Bin, so it is recoverable that way.

I think the only reason the show I deleted last night was in the Recycle Bin is that I may have emptied the Bin, by pure coincidence, just after my wife had accidentally deleted her show. Just a fluke coincidence, as I normally go weeks between emptying the Bin!

Hi ICPete,

I believe you would still have to manually restore the show/movie with SafeDelete.

Carlo