Give tuner a friendly name

smills

smills
  1. I would be nice if when you added a Live TV Source you could edit a descriptive and unique name instead of all M3U Tuners just showing as "M3U Tuner".  Today when I was testing locast2plex would be nice  if I could name that Source  "locast2plex" rather than having it simply show as a HD Homerun.

2. Would be nice if there was a way  to mark a tuner as disabled  rather than simply deleting it.  I was testing the locast2plex today  and wanted to get rid of my other tuners to insure I was watching the Locast streams  and I had to go delete them and then of course later had to re-add then and redo my channel mappings.  Sure would have saved me a bunch of time if there was a simple checkbox to just disable/enable a source.

Regards,

• Like 2

smills

@ebr  I think that other thread you link and what @BobbyDing is asking for is different.   

What I am asking for is a way to enable to disable a source with a checkbox so that it would nto appear i tnhe guide and not be used but would stay configured.

What Bobby wants to do is setup a HDHomerun source  and limit the maximum number of streams that Emby will try to use from it. 

For me I have my HDHomerun Quattro  but I have no way to  tell Emby how many of the 4 tuners in that device t try and use.

.QuattroEmbySource.png.b624fad32ad3727da25ad9db7152dddb.png

But for an M3U tuner  I CAN   indicate how many simultaneous streams to attempt from that source.

M3UEmbySource.png.ee1d81605c73f76d637d5f6799739846.png

It seems to me if a similar setting was available for HD Homerun tuners  then that would meet Bobby's requirement as that would effectively limit the number of "tuners " to be used from that  "Source".

It seems like a possible solution for Bobby might be to setup his HDHR  as a M3U source rather than a HDHR native source.  I tried it real quick  and it seemed to work fine.

HDHRQasM3U.png.8ac66b86b65deda427263d0ada19a918.png

Regards

smills

Want to be clear  what I was asking for in my feature request.

I wanted to be able Edit the source and specify a Friendly Name  so that all the numbers of a type didn't look identical.

EmbySourceNames.png.260fdb703b212035d11d0e3e072f927d.png

And then   if the was a way to click the  ...   and get  a menu choice to Enable or Disable the source (or even a checkbox on the edit details pagelet)   so that I can disable a source but leave it configured so that it can be quickly re enabled later without having to remap my guide data and setup my icons again.

smills

@cayars,  I realize what we see is  the tuner type and that is sort of precisely my point.  All tuners of a single type are looking identical.  Would be nice to be able to Assign a Friendly name to them

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smills said:

@ebr  I think that other thread you link and what @BobbyDing is asking for is different. 

If his request were implemented (the ability to disable individual tuners in a device) then, by disabling all tuners on a device, you could do exactly what you asked for as your second request.

BTW - please create individual feature requests as it is impossible to track when there are multiples in a single topic.  You don't need to do that this time because your second request already exists.

Thanks!