Alexa can't connect to Server :-(

upssnowman

upssnowman

I just paid for a year of Emby and was so excited to start using Alexa. Of course I can't get it to work after I just paid for premiere.

My server is accessible remotely and I added my user to Emby Connect and I see the little green cloud but Alexa can't find it.

Can someone please help 😞

• 2 weeks later...
beachatlast

Responds with sorry I am having trouble accessing your mb skill right now.  Previously it said problem connecting to emby server, something about checking IP address.  I can access mb from inside and outside home network.  Also works on browser and on the android app inside and outside the home network.  

2 minutes ago, beachatlast said:

Responds with sorry I am having trouble accessing your mb skill right now.  Previously it said problem connecting to emby server, something about checking IP address.  I can access mb from inside and outside home network.  Also works on browser and on the android app inside and outside the home network.  

How did you setup Emby Connect?

beachatlast
50 minutes ago, Luke said:

How did you setup Emby Connect?

Used email and password in the setup of the server.  Recieved and email for account linking and this is what it said when I clicked the link. 

Media Sharing Invitation Invalid

We're sorry, but something has gone wrong. The invitation you attempted to accept is no longer valid. Perhaps revoked it or it simply expired. Please contact them to issue a new invitation.

Thanks,
The Emby Team

2 minutes ago, beachatlast said:

Used email and password in the setup of the server.  Recieved and email for account linking and this is what it said when I clicked the link. 

Media Sharing Invitation Invalid

We're sorry, but something has gone wrong. The invitation you attempted to accept is no longer valid. Perhaps revoked it or it simply expired. Please contact them to issue a new invitation.

Thanks,
The Emby Team

Ok try going through this process again:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Emby-Connect

Thanks.

beachatlast

Down to 1 error again:   "I can't reach your mb server.  Make sure your server is accessible from outside your network.  If the external address has changed, redo your account linking to update your server address.".  Note that this had never worked, and there is no place on the Alexa skill to enter a server name or IP anyway so I am not sure what the message could be in reference too. 

beachatlast

How can you tell if connect is setup correctly?  I went back in to the user ID and entered my emby account email address in the emby connect user field and get the message that the emby connect user is already linked to another user on the server.  And Alexa disable and reenable is not showing my server name in the dropdown selection any longer.  

beachatlast

I do not see any other place to tell the server my connect email address (beachatlast@gmail.com). 

I tried creating a new user at  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/register/ with another email address to test this and receive error - 

Sorry, there is a problem

You are not permitted to register a user account with this site.
Error code: 2S129/1

There are no apps with access to your account.

beachatlast

Blanked out the email field, saved.  Went back in and entered my connect email address.  Server showed up in alexa skill drop down again.  But I still getting the I cant reach the server now / ip address may have changed message.  I am using a VPN service on my server, and read some old posts about needing SSL Certificates.  No mention of certificate on the connect emby wiki pages.  Any other suggestions?  

• 2 weeks later...
beachatlast

I just go this working BTW using this guide to install IIS and Certificate generator.  https://mythofechelon.co.uk/blog/2017/01/01/lets-encrypt-emby-server-and-windows 

On a side note - has anyone been able to use alexa to play a custom named music genre?  I tried per the documentation and it is not working.  I can play a playlist however.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 1:47 PM, beachatlast said:

On a side note - has anyone been able to use alexa to play a custom named music genre?  I tried per the documentation and it is not working.  I can play a playlist however.  Thanks!

Hi, how are you trying to do this? What about regular named genres?