Latest Android TV Release Update - Awesome!

rbjtech

rbjtech

Hi ebr,

Just wanted to say thanks for the latest Android TV release - sneaking in a fantastic addition for me personally and that is the ability to show the cast/crew/character details on the screen while the movie is still playing !

I've lost count on the number of times I've come across a character on screen and then could not put a name to that face !

Now I can do it without stopping playback and can continue watching without that nagging me in the back of my head - haha. 

Thanks !

20200818_154836a.thumb.jpg.dbe07ff38b186d30233b5cfa04715428.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

She was in Swordfish too with Travolta and Hugh Jackman 

Right... that's what I was thinking of :).

CrossCech

This IS a pretty cool addition!  My wife and I were just talking recently about how there's always these supporting actors that seem to be in a ton of shows/movies, yet we can't recall their names, so this helps.

I noticed though while watching a TV series that the icon goes missing when Emby automatically goes into the next episode. 

Edited by CrossCech

4 hours ago, CrossCech said:

I noticed though while watching a TV series that the icon goes missing when Emby automatically goes into the next episode. 

Yepp, noticed this on .26 beta as well.
Just didn't get to report it yet.

arecad98

WIsh there was an easy way to expand the full name of the cast as they almost always get cutoff. If you click on the cast, it stops the video and opens the full bio. Just want to be able to see the full name. 

CBers
36 minutes ago, arecad98 said:

WIsh there was an easy way to expand the full name of the cast as they almost always get cutoff. If you click on the cast, it stops the video and opens the full bio. Just want to be able to see the full name. 

Would like to see an actor overlay during playback.