Fire stick unlock

anders02

The4610
On 8/17/2020 at 12:48 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Have you tried using the "Restore Unlock" option on the purchase screen?

When was your topic closed without resolution?   I see now - it wasn't closed without resolution.  You were directed to an existing topic on the same issue.

Thanks.

I am having the same problem... the app wouldn’t process the purchase through google, so I purchased it through Apple Pay on my iPad... but when I try to restore unlock on my firestick or android box it doesn’t work! Can you please advise on what to do as it’s driving me crazy! All devices are signed into the same account.

Hello The4610,

You unlocked a different app doing that.  Apps on Google platform don't communicate with Amazon or Apple  stores and vice versa.  You have to unlock the app on the platform you purchased it for.

Are you trying to unlock it (previously paid for it) or just purchase it the first time?

8 minutes ago, The4610 said:

but when I try to restore unlock on my firestick or android box it doesn’t work! Can you please advise on what to do as it’s driving me crazy! All devices are signed into the same account.

The Firestick will require an Amazon purchase while an Android client with the Google Play store will require a Google purchase.

Once you purchase the app on the first client for your email address you can unlock it on other devices using the same email address (for that store platform).

The4610
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hello The4610,

You unlocked a different app doing that.  Apps on Google platform don't communicate with Amazon or Apple  stores and vice versa.  You have to unlock the app on the platform you purchased it for.

Are you trying to unlock it (previously paid for it) or just purchase it the first time?

I have already paid for it through the App Store on my iPad 

The4610

So essentially $15 to make all of the device work in my house? If they are on 3 different platforms. Apple, firestick, and Android box? 

6 minutes ago, The4610 said:

I have already paid for it through the App Store on my iPad 

Did it unlock on your iPad?

2 minutes ago, The4610 said:

So essentially $15 to make all of the device work in my house? If they are on 3 different platforms. Apple, firestick, and Android box? 

If using Apple, Fire and Google devices, yes that would be correct.  That's a one time purchase for each platform.  You could also think about a one-time premier license that would unlock all your devices plus give you many new server features as well.  Just go with the option that makes the most sense for you.