"Trailer" under "Extras" - big problem

TheGremlin

TheGremlin

Hi,

I found a problem with a special case, where a trailer should be handled as extra and not as trailer.

I was ripping my Bluray of the Tarantinos "Grindhouse" Double Feature, also all the extras on the second disc.

The problem is, not all of the extras, (only the extras with the word "trailer" in filename) show up in extras folder.

I have seen a discussion here, where a user said trailers are no extras and shouldn't appear in extras location.

Well, if you have seen the Grindhouse Double Feature, you know there are many specials, also about the "Fake Trailers".

For Example: The Making Of Werewolf Woman of the SS Trailer.

This file would appear in the Trailer location, instead of extras, because it got the word "trailer" inside the Filename.

Is there a method not to move all the stuff in the Trailer location?

It's a real big mess up in this situation with the trailers, since the stuff are no trailers about the movie, but they are extras.

Also they have extended versions of these fake trailers in the extras section.

Maybe somebody know how to handle this stuff 😕

skidmarks

I'm usually wrong and corrected immediately, but did you add any of these to the end of the extras?

-behindthescenes
-deleted
-featurette
-interview
-scene
-short
-trailer

If they are technically not trailers try adding one of the above?

Edited by skidmarks

TheGremlin

I try it. For example, the naming is like this:

Death Proof - 11. Double Dare Trailer.mkv

I trying it to rename like this: Death Proof - 11. Double Dare Trailer -behindthescenes.mkv

Hi Gremlin,

Any chance you could share the folder structure and file names of Grindhouse the way you've tried it?

I'd be happy to try to set it up on my system using your folder/file names.

Carlo

Happy2Play

Will have to find the topic but there is a issue with any item that ends with trailer in its name.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/88815-issue-with-one-specific-local-trailer

But I am seeing the same issue

you could do something like this.

The Making Of Werewolf Woman of the SS-featurette.ext

Death Proof - 11. Double Dare-featurette.mkv

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

crusher11

I had this with WrestleMania 21, which had as bonuses several of the Hollywood movie trailer spoofs they did. None show up as Extras, they're treated as trailers.

TheGremlin

Hi Carlo, I am not finished yet, because I think this is a big issue, but I have named allready the extras of Planet Terror and Death Proof.
Extras from the Grindhouse Section aren't named yet finished, because of my issue.

Also my extras are named in German Language:

Death Proof - 1. Deutscher Trailer.mkv
Death Proof - 2. Das Szenenbild von Death Proof.mkv
Death Proof - 3. Stunts on Wheels - Die Legendären Fahrer von Death Proof.mkv
Death Proof - 4. Stunts on Wheels - Die heißen Kisten von Death Proof.mkv
Death Proof - 5. Quentins beste Cutterin - Sally Menke.mkv
Death Proof - 6. Die Jungs von Death Proof.mkv
Death Proof - 7. Kurt Russell - Stuntman Mike.mkv
Death Proof - 8. Quentins Mädels.mkv
Death Proof - 9. Mary Elizabeth Winstead, 'Baby, It's You' (Ungekürzte Fassung).mkv
Death Proof - 10. Zoe Bell.mkv
Death Proof - 11. Double Dare Trailer -behindthescenes.mkv
Death Proof - 12. Postergalerie.mkv
Jukebox.mkv
Planet Terror - 1. Deutscher Teaser.mkv
Planet Terror - 2. Deutscher Trailer.mkv
Planet Terror - 3. US-Teaser.mkv
Planet Terror - 4. Die Makeup-Effekte von Planet Terror.mkv
Planet Terror - 5. Die Mädels von Planet Terror.mkv
Planet Terror - 6. Die Jungs von Planet Terror.mkv
Planet Terror - 7. Casting Rebel Rodriguez.mkv
Planet Terror - 8. Die Stunts von Planet Terror.mkv
Planet Terror - 9. Featurette - Der Freund, der Arzt und der Grundstücksmakler.mkv
Planet Terror - 10. Robert Rodriguez 10-Minuten-Filmschule.mkv
Planet Terror - 11. Robert Rodriguez 10-Minuten-Kochkurs.mkv
Planet Terror - 12. Postergalerie.mkv
Was ist 'Grindhouse'.mkv

This are the extras from Grindhouse Section:

Comic Con 2006 mit den Regisseuren und Hauptdarstellern.mkv
Don't - Extended Trailer.mkv
Don't - Poster mit Extended Score von David Arnold.mkv
Don't - Storyboard-Galerie.mkv
Don't - Storyboard-Trailer-Vergleich.mkv
Don't - The Making of Don't Trailer.mkv
Grindhouse TV-Spot 1.mkv
Grindhouse TV-Spot 2.mkv
Grindhouse TV-Spot 3.mkv
Hobo with a Shotgun (2011) - Trailer.mkv
Hobo with a Shotgun - Trailer - Grindhouse Trailer Contest.mkv
Machete (2010) - Deutscher Trailer.mkv
Machete (2010) - US-Trailer.mkv
Quentin Tarantino & Robert Rodriguez - New York Times Interview.mkv
Thanksgiving - The Making of Thanksgiving Trailer.mkv
Werewolf Woman Of The SS - Extended Trailer.mkv
Werewolf Women of the SS - The Making of Werewolf Women of the SS Trailer.mkv

TheGremlin

@Happy2Play

I try it that way with the -featurrette, but in my Opinion it's a little bit a mess up, because trailers are not allways real trailers.
In some rare cases they are extras, like here.

Also in my case, If I have a the trailer for Thanksgiving / Don't or any other of the Fake Trailer, it's messed up.
The Stuff in the trailer is not the stuff, which you see in the Grindhouse movies. It's just a small part of the movie itself... 😕

My library is still scanning 😕

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheGremlin said:

I try it that way with the -featurrette, but in my Opinion it's a little bit a mess up, because trailers are not allways real trailers.

That's exactly why you would use the -featurrette naming. Without the -featurrette naming Emby would have no idea you don't want to treat it like any other trailer.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

That's exactly why you would use the -featurrette naming. Without the -featurrette naming Emby would have no idea you don't want to treat it like any other trailer.

But i could not get The Making Of Werewolf Woman of the SS Trailer-featurette.mkv to work, can you?

This is what I get

aaa.thumb.png.b8b6f6c6712bef085be31ab2d28fd58f.png

Using -featurettes didn't work at all for me but I instead followed the naming conventions here in our knowledge base: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming

So I just simply created a subfolder called featurettes and dropped those 3 files in there.  Seems to work as designed.  The trailer is pulled from the internet in this case as I didn't supply one.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

So from a Extras standpoint anything ending in trailer will be treated as a Trailer.  If you do not want this one will have to do another subfolder called say featurettes.

But as argued in the other topic anything within the extras folder should be just that extras as trailers have there own rules and should not apply to the extras subfolder (but that is just my opinion).

• Like 1

TheGremlin

Okay. That is something I can live with it to create the featurette or behind the scenes subfolder.

But I agree with Happy2Play, since we can create a subfolder for trailers.
Since this is possible, I don't understand why stuff withing "extras" subfolder with word "trailer" will be treated as trailer, since in the logic you can allways create just a "trailers" folder.

Also luke mentioned to use just another name. Well if I name it simple like "Tra!ler" or "Trail(er)" or something like that with a mix of special characters is also work as a workaround.
But the solution with the featurette or behind the scenes subfolder is a little bit more "elegant"

It's likely to try to accommodate people who have both the movie and trailer in the same folder.  That generally works pretty well for things like that but when you get into more complex situations like you have it's better to turn to using folders.

TheGremlin

I understand.

by the way, I like the idea of sorting stuff into different subfolder.

Is it possible also to activate this in GridView?

For example, if I have a featurette subfolder, have a section in grid view for featurette stuff.
if I have a interviews subfolder, have a section in grid view for interviews, etc.

It would be nice to have this feature for some movies, which have real mass of extras, like here in the Grindhouse example.

A small switch in Metadata editor or any other option would be nice :).
If you have around 30+ extras, it get a little bit confusing in the Grid View :)