FireTV live tv errors "error receiving live tv channels"

psybertech

psybertech

Hi there.

I just started getting this error and can't figure it out.

"error receiving live tv channels"

It happens on startup.

The 'On Now' section is missing from the home screen.

If I go to the guide, the guide seems to populate OK.

If I go to the 'On Now' section after looking at the guide, the On Now row shows up, but the error "error receiving live tv channels" appears again.

It happens every time I look at the On Now section, but it won't appear on the home screen any more.

I've refreshed guide data a bunch of times and restarted the Emby server over and over. 

I closed out Emby on Fire TV and even force stopped, deleted cache and data and still this error.

I sent the logs a few minutes ago from the Fire TV.  EmbyServer log attached.

Thanks for any assistance!

J

embyserver.zip

Hi.  It looks like you are running a quite old version of the server.

First thing I'd try is updating that.

psybertech

ebr,

I know. I reverted back to 3.4 when 3.5 came out and stopped doing the beta thing since a bunch of web UI stuff changed and I didn't have the time or patience to constantly re-tweak things.

3.4 has rocked solid for me.

That said.

Everything was working fine on the FireTV until my last refresh of guide data.

It works fine on my Chrome web Ui and my Android phone. No errors from those devices.

I just tested a second Fire TV (first was a cube, second is a 4k stick).

Same error there.

No other thoughts aside from upgrading the server?

j

You're running 4.3.0.24 right now and it looks like it is incompatible with your database:

SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: no such column: Number - select A.data,A.Id,A.Name,A.Overview,A.RunTimeTicks,A.guid,A.ParentId,A.Images,UserDatas.Rating,UserDatas.IsFavorite,UserDatas.Played,UserDatas.PlayCount,UserDatas.PlaybackPositionTicks,UserDatas.LastPlayedDateInt,UserDatas.AudioStreamIndex,UserDatas.SubtitleStreamIndex from MediaItems A left join UserDatas on A.UserDataKeyId=UserDatas.UserDataKeyId And (UserDatas.UserId=@UserId) where type=@type AND Id not in (select itemid from ItemLinks where LinkedId in (select RowId from fts_search5 where fts_search5 match @ExcludeTag0 order by rank) and Type=4) AND Id not in (select ItemId from AncestorIds2 where AncestorId in (select itemid from ItemLinks where LinkedId in (select RowId from fts_search5 where fts_search5 match @ExcludeInheritedTags0 order by rank) and type = 4)) ORDER BY (Select Case When UserDatas.IsFavorite is null Then 0 Else UserDatas.IsFavorite End ) DESC,Number ASC,SortName collate NATURALSORT ASC LIMIT 40

Perhaps you tried to go forward and back in versions which could cause that.

There are a ton of errors in your log related to things not being right.

I would start with a fresh install of the current release.

psybertech

OK...

Well, I I don't agree the server is the 'true' fix, it did fix that error - but it added a new issue. I am beyond puzzled since it worked FINE until one XMLTV update came in. Nothing changed aside from that.

SO THE NEW ISSUE IS:

now my program guide data for the first 4 channels just says <No Program Data Available> and auto-starts the guide display on channel 5 (the first channel that displays the data normally). I can scroll back up to see the first 4 channels that just say <No Program Data Available>.

If I open those <No Program Data Available> channels, they start and do show what is really playing.

So I am back to, it worked before and then something in FireTV is broke or was broken by the that one XMLTV update (even though I updated a ton of times after).

Some unsupported character in the latest XMLTV?  This has bitten my ass in many a project over time and to me, just screams it. But I don't have access to the logs or source, so I have no idea.

Yes... I saw the SQL you replied with, and after my server update, maybe there was a new field added on the server side and my bad timing of my XMLTV update occurred while the FireTV Emby app just having an update and now is looking for said new field, and I am fixated on the timing of my XMLTV update....

But in my experience, that is pretty rare and I would expect all my other apps to fail soon once the new updates are pushed if should choose to back to my previous server version.

Again, to note...

• Chrome in Windows still OK
  • Android...OK
  • Apple TV.. OK.
  • FireTV - issues

Sorry, this is just a little frustrating. I just allowed Live TV to all my users (just family - relax) and a couple hours later, this happens and most of  them use FireTV. Egg on my face and way too much time spent on this already. It worked... and then it stopped working.

OK... I restarted my FireTV Emby app a 5th time (or so)... all is well? I have no clue and I give up for now.

psybertech
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

You're staying on an old beta?

Yeah, sorry @Luke

I could not keep up with the Web UI changes. It broke all of my (smalllllll amounts of) changes to some CSS and a little manual JS tweaking. I couldn't find a quick fix to the JS stuff so i just hit pause on the updating, and to be honest, the server is/was ROCK SOLID. 

I had NO PROBLEMS at all, so, for the first time on pretty much any app, I took the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it approach' and honestly never looked back or gave versions a second thought for Emby, well, in a long while. I know that is kinda a kudos to the stability, but I also get why it is also required at some point to upgrade so accompanying apps can work. 

In this situation, I am not convinced that is my issue, but overall, I understand I should upgrade things here and there.
I just wish the UI for the web stuff (which I ONLY USE for admin of things) wouldn't change so often... or at least keep the methods the same or similar... in 3.4 - 3.5 there were so many minor tweaks to things, I just said F this and stuck with 4.3.x and loved it!).

I am back on beta's latest now... reluctantly. Now I have to figure out how to get back my small additions to my daily experiences with maintaining the server.

Anyway....

Sorry... I've had a bad week and this just trout-slapped me in the face after I was smiling all day today for the first time in a while after adding the live tv option for everyone ... 

cheers, Luke

Jay