Unable to unlock Android TV app in restricted profile

tzuchan

tzuchan

I have purchased the unlock on the Sony Bravia Android TV through Google Play and it is working in the Main profile. However, when I go into the Restricted profile of the TV, the Emby app is still locked, and attempts to restore unlock does nothing. 

Kindly fix this behavior. 

1 hour ago, tzuchan said:

However, when I go into the Restricted profile of the TV

Hi.  Exactly what is that?

So that is a different Google account?  The unlock purchase is for a particular Google account because it is handled by Google.  You cannot use an unlock from one account on another one.

Just now, tzuchan said:

Nope, still linked to the same google account, on the same device.

So, if you go to the purchase screen and hit the "Restore Unlock" button when in the non-restricted account, the restricted account cannot see that it is unlocked?  What, exactly, does it say in the lower right of the settings screen when using the restricted account?

tzuchan
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

So, if you go to the purchase screen and hit the "Restore Unlock" button when in the non-restricted account, the restricted account cannot see that it is unlocked?  What, exactly, does it say in the lower right of the settings screen when using the restricted account?

Correct. However, I have just retried restore unlock again on the restricted account and it managed to validate and unlock.

Please note that when I tried this earlier, Emby tries to validate, but fails without any error message and does not unlock although the non-restricted account has been unlocked successfully.

My best guess is that the second validation attempt for the restricted profile was blocked by Google, albeit I cannot see a reason for it.

You may want to explore more about the restricted profile function of the Android TV and how it interacts with the App's validation of unlock status.

To be frank, even if I was using two separate Google accounts on the device, I would expect that I should only need to pay once and still be able to use it on the TV regardless of active Google account as that would defeat the purpose of Emby.

Example of legitamite reason for switching of active google accounts:

1. I have purchased the unlock for Emby on the Android TV.
  2. My wife switches to her google account so that she can watch her exercise videos on Youtube app.
  3. My daughter is now unable to watch her shows through Emby because the google account has been changed.

Perhaps if Emby could be set to store and check against a specific Google account stored in Emby's settings as opposed to whichever account is active?