movie by date added would be fantastic...

regularguy

regularguy

Hi ebr,

So I completely removed MyMovies and am a converted MBC member now!  However, there is one feature I truly use in MyMovies every week:  Sort movies (or any media for that matter) by DATE ADDED.  When you rip say 10 new movies and you have hundreds, it's very handy (and necessary almost) to be able to see the 10 you just ripped in one place so you can watch them easily without going through the whole movie database!

Could that feature be added in next release(s)?

Thanks

Artie

• Like 1

BATTLE DONKEY

Wouldn't that be either "Latest" or "Unwatched" on the EHS screen?

Latest will show all new media you have added

Unwatched will show all unwatched new media you have added and as you watch those movies from the unwatched list it will update with other media in order added to MediaBrowser from newest to oldest

On your EHS home screen just navigate to where it says latest, unwatched, etc. Above the movie posters and click it to change to another category

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

You can also sort any folder by "Date" (which is date added).  Click on the cog in the menu and select Sort.

regularguy

Hi ebr,

I tried clicking on "date" from the setup cog while in the movie folder and it doesn't appear to work.  I see the movies in what looks like alphabetical order still.  I uploaded all my movies (600) the other day so I understand that they will show up in the order in which they were copied to the server, but after that (like 2 days later), I uploaded 10 more DVDs (in sub folders of course).  Those 10 movies do not show up together at the beginning of the list when I select "sort by date".  They are scattered.  That's why I thought sort by date meant date of movie and not date added.

also when I'm at the EHS and have "latest" selected, again, the movies that show up are NOT the latest at all.  They are some of the 600 movies that I loaded about a week ago.  The first couple seem to be random A-Z listings (I think these are supposed to be latest uploaded, but again, they aren't (not sure what they are).  And then it appears to be reverse alphabetical order Z-A.  It's weird.  Any help on this one is appreciated! 

Thanks
Artie

Edited by regularguy

I know the sort is working so you'd have to look at your actual added dates with the metadata manager to see what is going on with your movies.

There are two different date-related sorts - Date - which is date added and Year - which is release date of the movie.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
barrettuk

I have it working like this and it works well - after you changed to date check the end of the list of your 600 movies to see if the new ones are there - if so change the ascending - descending order as well. On mine the default put the newly added at the end of the list.

I also sort by Date Added quite a bit and found the re-sorting methods in most of the plug-ins of MBC unsatisfactory.

• Not enough titles shown as mentioned here
  • Too hard to get to the Sort options as well (setup cog)

So I went back to the "default" view in MBC (removed the Chocolate plug-in) as it looks just like MB2 where I can select the Sort by Date much easier and get all of the titles instead of just a few.

Vidmo