\\<server>\<dir> UNC library not saving any configuration

mmmann

mmmann

Hello. I'd like to report a bug.

If you have a library specified as \\<server>\<dir> (UNC), its configuration will not save. Somewhere along the line, Emby unset my "Download in Advance" option (in Advanced Options). In trying to check that box, I found that no configuration changes would stick. I checked that box (and a few others), and, going back into the library settings, all the checkboxes would be reset. The log is attached. It shows multiple calls to AvailableOptions?LibraryContentType=movies&IsNewLibrary=false, but no download activity.

Workaround: delete the library, recreate it using a DRIVE: letter. (The original install would not work with drive letters--a year ago--and thus, the \\<server>\<dir> UNC approach). Alternate theory: something broke in Emby, generally speaking, and the library had to be recreated in order to get the settings to stick.

embyserver.txt

Do you actually mean \\Server\Share and not just \\Server\Dir?

You need to create a share on the server first to use it.  Did you do that?  Can you open it in File Explorer by typing in \\Server\Share ?

Make sure you give read/write privs to that share for the user running Emby Server.