MB Intros with new Trailers Channel

Logos302
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Logos302

Since going to Trailers became a Channel it hasn't been playing properly.  It only plays the same two Trailers.  

MBC is 3.0.195.

Server is : 3.0.5309.26857

MBC Logs : https://www.dropbox.com/s/co9l8d3jgzh9z71/MBClassic-1772014eb36959106644fefa2bccc6f89669d66.log

MBS Logs : https://www.dropbox.com/s/xixf2ttlk2tldn7/server-63541151999.txt

Edited by Logos302

First, I assume you are talking about MB Intros but that isn't clear at all in your post.

Also, it isn't very clear exactly what you are doing and what you are expecting.  From the log, it looks like you played the same main movie four times so it wouldn't surprise me if Intros played the same trailers as it tries to pick ones that match the movie.  If you don't want to see the same trailer twice, select the option in MB Intros to never play trailers you've already seen.

Logos302

I forgot what plugin it actually was.  But it doesn't matter what move I play it will always play the exact same two trailers in the exact same order,  Two trailers is in fact what I have asked it to play, but I would not expect to be always the same two.  I don't mind see the trailer again but I would have thought that the random effect would select a different one at some point, but it doesn't.

Does that clear it up or do you need more information?

Edited by Logos302

Well, the test you ran was playing the exact same movie four times so that isn't a very good test.

This is going to depend on the kind of movies you are playing, how good the metadata is (especially genres) and how many trailers you have and how good that metadata is.

If you play different movies, but they are basically identical in genre then you will get a lot of the same trailers.

Logos302

I have tested it with rio2, legion and in the name of king all play the same two (Maybe three) trailers, I checked there are a 111 trailers so lots to choose from.   I have attached another set of logs from the client.  If you would like I can run a couple of different movies and upload the logs.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsgu7y5evi5274l/MBClassic-1872014076e4da9b1cf46379bdcefe003644005.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5b534tpx9zaxyr/MBClassic-18720140404b7b7f16c45f2ab77732886a57775.log

Edited by Logos302

The selection is done on the server so the MBC log doesn't help me much here.  I'm not sure there are enough debug messages on the server end to help much either though.

I'll do some testing and see if this is something else that was somehow affected by the channel switch.  Can you check and tell me what the genres are for the test movies you played as well as the genres for the trailers that keep playing?

• Solution

Okay, never mind.  Apparently, there was another change made to the channel stuff since I updated MB Intros such that not all information is returned for trailers when I query for them - I have to specifically request Genres and People.  So, none of the trailers had this information so they all looked the same to the plug-in.

Please try the dev version of Intros I just put up and see if it works better.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Logos302

First try and I got an Trailer that I haven't seen.  So it looks like you have fixed it.  Might be some instability with this in MBC, but that could also be my system.  So I'm going to try it on my main HTPC and see how it works.  

Logos302

Everything is fine.  My laptop needs a rebuild, But my HTPC everything is working as it should.  Thank you.