top groupings option menu missing...

SwanStream

SwanStream

Don't know what that menu's called... pick the library media type (tv, movie, etc) then there's the menu that says 'suggestions, albums, album artists,' etc, etc. on the top of the screen. That's the menu I'm asking about.

My old Ma (82ish) keeps hitting the "don't know" button... so I don't know if she hit the don't know button and it disappeared or not, but on some groups it's there, but on Audiobook group it's gone.  This is true only on her FireTV, when I access her acct from a PC, the top menu is there... so it's likely some 'local' preference.

I'd like to know:

1) how to get it back...

2) Can I edit that list so she stays out of trouble? 

Hi.  More than likely, she went into the settings for that library (cog icon) and changed the library view to "Simple Grid".  She needs to change it back to "Tabbed view".

SwanStream

In Audiobook All I get is the "default Tab" option.

I do get the library view option in other libraries.

Any idea?

lib opt..jpg

Edited by SwanStream

Hi.  Our support for audiobooks is still limited at this time and this app does not have any specialized views for them yet.

Thanks.

SwanStream

I hear you, I just don't understand the answer as on all other platforms (including android tablets, phones, PC's, Synology) I get the specialized views for audiobooks. So it's just the firetv, not the audiobook support in general.

I bought a lifetime premiere subscription a while back just to support y'all,... and honestly hoping to get some attention to the audiobook development. Frustrating that my $120 doesn't even buy me a suggested workaround. No disrespect intended, you and others have helped me out plenty with video issues and I appreciate that but the clear lack of interest in helping out with Audiobook support is pretty frustrating.

I apologize.  You are the first one to even mention this particular issue for Audio Books.  We will look into it but the other apps aren't really properly supporting them either as they just treat them like a music library and show you some incorrect information (or at least labels).