Unable to get Metadata for TV Shows

RoyH
Go to solution Solved by Deathsquirrel,

Adding TV content to my server for the first time, been working with movies for years but cannot get the TV content to show images etc. I create TV Shows in the library and direct it to drive "G" and folder "TV Shows" I add to TV Shows a folder "CSI Miami Season 1 (2002)" and in that folder there is E1, E2 etc. I refresh Metadata but no data is added, the system created thumbs for each episode so I can click on them and watch the episode but there is no Cast, Overview, Genre etc. What am I doing incorrectly?

The Episodes are MKV that I ripped from DVDs and some I downloaded.

• Solution
Deathsquirrel

Your TV is likely not organized correctly.  That's typically the case in these issues.

Using your pathing above, it should look like this:  G:\TV Shows\CSI MIAMI\Season 01\CSI Miami S01E01 Golden Parachute.mkv

The year in the folder name is only needed when there are two shows with the same name so I've removed it here.

The Library type should be TV and be pointed to G:\TV Shows. Preferably though you would share that folder and point the library to that share.

1 hour ago, Deathsquirrel said:

Your TV is likely not organized correctly.  That's typically the case in these issues.

Using your pathing above, it should look like this:  G:\TV Shows\CSI MIAMI\Season 01\CSI Miami S01E01 Golden Parachute.mkv

The year in the folder name is only needed when there are two shows with the same name so I've removed it here.

The Library type should be TV and be pointed to G:\TV Shows. Preferably though you would share that folder and point the library to that share.

Hey, thanks so much, changed the path like you advised and it worked like a charm no issues everything is the way I need it Overview, Cast etc all there.

1 hour ago, cayars said:

Sounds like you're not following naming rules correct.  Try setting up your library as described in this knowledge base article.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159110-tv-naming

Let us know how this works for you.

Carlo

Hi Cayars, Thanks for the quick response I tried the solution that Deathsquirrel provided and it worked, I am not the sharpest knife in the block I got it to work so I didnt try anything else but looking at the link you provided it basically the same thing will keep the link handy as I think I will need the complex folder structure later when I get more into this. Thanks again.

You can access many good articles on things Emby related right at the top of the community/forums by clicking the Knowledge Base tab on the menu as well.

Glad you got things working!