FLAC file not pulled into Emby after multiple rescans and troubleshootings

jlambie
Go to solution Solved by jlambie,

jlambie

Hi

(Server installed on Windows 10 laptop, Emby version up to date)

A very strange occurrence - I was adding some miscellaneous music files last night to Emby via the usual path and means, as I am trying to recreate some playlists from elsewhere. Most of them showed up as expected going through the usual process. One FLAC file however has resolutely refused to import. I scanned, rescanned, rebooted server and laptop, removed the file then re-added it and rescanned and again rebooted - nada. 

Meanwhile I have today managed to add a batch of AAC and MP3 files without any issues. I did notice I seemed to have trouble adding another FLAC file today so again I rescanned and rebooted. First off it was absent then I noticed it hidden within my music library files. So I copied and converted the rogue FLAC file into first AAC then MP3 and tried again, to rule out whether it might be a FLAC issue in Emby -  but still it hasn’t shown up! So I deleted the copies. I did notice a library entry for the file later, and it now reports the library path to the FLAC file in my system on inspecting the metadata details, however - a blank page in Emby other than the album title! 

I tried importing one more FLAC file after this to see again if it was a FLAC thing, but it did import that file as normal. Going back to the original file, and thinking it was a rogue file somehow, I deleted the source file and downloaded a fresh copy and tried again - same result! 

What is also odd is that the file has imported and handled without any issues in Plex (I run both, but not usually at the same time). I am now stumped. In order to attach the logs, which ones would I add?

Thanks! 

Edited by jlambie

Happy2Play

Can you find these tracks via Songs tab or search?

Sounds like a structure or metadata issue though.

As for log, I would go to Dashboard-Scheduled task and Rotate logs

Add the file to your music library and perform a library scan and post that Embyserver log. This will/should show Emby seeing/importing the new file.

• Like 1

jlambie
20 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Can you find these tracks via Songs tab or search?

Sounds like a structure or metadata issue though.

As for log, I would go to Dashboard-Scheduled task and Rotate logs

Add the file to your music library and perform a library scan and post that Embyserver log. This will/should show Emby seeing/importing the new file.

Thanks - yes, did a search and looked in the tabs. Even more weirdly, it's actually 5 files now, so FLAC, AAC and MP3. And again blank pages in library view. I have removed all the affected files, restarted the server, re-added them and done a full library scan. I've attached the logs (hope I've done this correctly) and if anyone can shed any ligt that's be great. As I say, these are processed as normal in Plex and I can play them in there, so this does make me think that, if it's a structure or metadata issue (and I've refreshed the tags), it seems to be peculiar to Emby.

Thanks!

embyserver-63731984143.txt embyserver-63731992818.txt embyserver.txt

How are the files named and organized? How is the library configured in emby library setup?

• Solution
jlambie
1 hour ago, Luke said:

How are the files named and organized? How is the library configured in emby library setup?

So I just realised that what the 5 files all had in common was an artist prefix on the file name - I hadn't realised this! Removed them, rescanned and all well. Thanks - lesson learned!