FreeNAS Mount Points

ITGuy1024

Hello all

just an update

i even tried to use what was mentionned here above (/media( alone and just specified in the type movies. I did work ....almost. I got a few movied and all the tv shows under one libtary

thnak you in advance for helpeing me out

2 hours ago, wbravin said:

Hello all

just an update

i even tried to use what was mentionned here above (/media( alone and just specified in the type movies. I did work ....almost. I got a few movied and all the tv shows under one libtary

thnak you in advance for helpeing me out

HI, so are you all set now?

hi thank fou for respondin

no still cannot load movies tv shows and nmusic is all right. still working at it

any suggestions?

thanks

Hello Thank you for taking the time off your busy sunday

Usaly when i added a library as i included in a new folder as i insert /media/tv shows (as an example) I get a dropdown with the list of tv shows folders.

A) I do not get this when selecting /media/movies

B ) when a folder is added emby will start the scan automatically. It does for music and tv shows not for movies

C)  when i click scan libraries In the library section I see the % of scan of the tv shows and music but not for movies

D) when I go to home I see all 3 folders (tv shows, movies and Music) but only the tv shows and music folder hava content not the movies folder it's emty

I how I have explained myself enough to be clear

Once again thank you

Sounds like permission issues, which I know is what I said before 😛

But before going down that road, make sure you've got your mount correct. In the shell navigate to /media/music and run the ls command to make sure your movie directory is actually mounted correctly. You should see the full list of all your movies there.

Thank you for responding 

1. All folders have same users all with basic permission and full controll. Beyond the standard ACL i added wbravin and emby as a user and as a group wheel again all with basic permission style and full control.
  2. all my mount points are the same from /mnt/media/movies (or tv shows or music ) to  /mnt/media/iocage/jails/emby/root/media/movies (or tv shows or music). Again tv shows and music load and disply correctly. not movies
  3. I had to learn how to navigate in the shell (almost similar to DOS) and i did go to /mnt/media/movies and performed an ls. all my movies were there 

Thank you for your input

6 hours ago, wbravin said:

Thank you for responding 

1. All folders have same users all with basic permission and full controll. Beyond the standard ACL i added wbravin and emby as a user and as a group wheel again all with basic permission style and full control.
  2. all my mount points are the same from /mnt/media/movies (or tv shows or music ) to  /mnt/media/iocage/jails/emby/root/media/movies (or tv shows or music). Again tv shows and music load and disply correctly. not movies
  3. I had to learn how to navigate in the shell (almost similar to DOS) and i did go to /mnt/media/movies and performed an ls. all my movies were there 

Thank you for your input

Just a quick note here.... /mnt/media/movies is a different directory from /media/movies you mentioned earlier that you pointed your library too. Although what I'm seeing in #2, /mnt/media/movies seems to be where your files are stored on the filesystem. What I was looking for is to navigate to /media/movies in the shell of the jail not from the base file system. If you're going into the shell from the freenas GUI, you'd simply type "iocage console emby" (or whatever you named your emby jail). Then navigate to /media/movies and run "ls" to see if they're listed there. If they are indeed at /mnt/media/movies inside the jail you've got your library pointed to the wrong spot. 

Now if you've confirmed that your mount point is correct, the issue has got to be permissions based. As far as your ACL entries go, it shouldn't be entered as user emby, it should be entered as user 989 which is the user id that emby uses by default. Also be sure when setting this up that you check off the "apply permissions recursively" otherwise it will only apply it to the main directory and the files inside will still have their original permissions.

Check this out for a guide on the ACL entries with screenshots

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MRobi said:

Just a quick note here.... /mnt/media/movies is a different directory from /media/movies you mentioned earlier that you pointed your library too. Although what I'm seeing in #2, /mnt/media/movies seems to be where your files are stored on the filesystem. What I was looking for is to navigate to /media/movies in the shell of the jail not from the base file system. If you're going into the shell from the freenas GUI, you'd simply type "iocage console emby" (or whatever you named your emby jail). Then navigate to /media/movies and run "ls" to see if they're listed there. If they are indeed at /mnt/media/movies inside the jail you've got your library pointed to the wrong spot. 

Sorry about that you are correct. At the gui shell I got a root@emb:~#.  I did enter in the gui shell "iocage console emby"  and the /media/music and i got a permission dinied msg.

then I entered /media/tv shows I got no such directory the /media/movies i got a permission denied msg. IMHO I would need to get wbravin@emby:~# is tyhis correct?

1 hour ago, MRobi said:

Now if you've confirmed that your mount point is correct, the issue has got to be permissions based. As far as your ACL entries go, it shouldn't be entered as user emby, it should be entered as user 989 which is the user id that emby uses by default. Also be sure when setting this up that you check off the "apply permissions recursively" otherwise it will only apply it to the main directory and the files inside will still have their original permissions.

All my shares (movies, tv shows and music ) ACL have emby and me as a users in the ACL with full permissions. all ACL have permission recursively applied to them prior to saving. Just for the sake of it i checked the ACL at pool, share mount points and the emby mountpoints just to be shure that they were all identical. 

If a permission issue  were the case musicc and tv shows would also not work

However after reading the link you provided,  I added to each folder's AClL user 989 with full control. Although it gave me user not found message on the ACL i still saved it 

I had to delete all my folders and re-ad them

It worked .... now they are all loading 

how can i contribute to show my appreciation for the help you all have givin me

Thank you so much

On a side not 

In my truenas user accounts emby is user 1001.  not 989

Permissions recursively is checked

1 hour ago, MRobi said:

Check this out for a guide on the ACL entries with screenshots

On 23/02/2021 at 17:52, wbravin said:

On a side not 

In my truenas user accounts emby is user 1001.  not 989

This was the root of the confusion here. You created an emby user in TrueNAS as UID 1001. However inside a jail, that's pretty much irrelevant. It's called a jail because it's like it's own little enclosed system running inside a larger system. So by default, when emby is installed inside a jail it creates an emby user inside that jail which is user 989. The host TrueNAS system doesn't see this at all. So now you have an emby user at host level with uid 1001, and one at jail level with uid 989. While they have the same name, the uid's are different so permission is denied.

In older versions of FreeNAS, you had to manipulate the user or group inside the jail that emby is running to match one created on host that has access to your files. It was pretty complicated for the avg user. With 11.3 and onwards, they came out with the ACL manager which makes life so much easier! You don't need to create anything on the host, you simply give access to the files using the UID inside the jail. And this is why you get the "user not found" message, it's because at host level user 989 doesn't exist. This method also doesn't matter who owns the files, or what their permission levels are because you just gave the emby user full access to all the files. Then you can easily create extra ACL entries for Sonarr, Radarr, etc.. etc.. 

• Like 1

Romeo123

Thank you @MRobi!

Setting the user to 989 in the ACL settings also solved my (same) problem in Truenas 12.0U2.1.

Edited by Romeo123
Fixed version number
  • Like 1

Hello all

This hase solved my problem Thank you all.

Since i am here, In adding and deleting the emby jail several times when i am in kodi the login screen  shows multiple emby server to chose from is ther a way to clean this screen and show only one emby server?

Once again thank you all for the help 

Edited by wbravin

On 2/25/2021 at 11:48 AM, wbravin said:

Hello all

This hase solved my problem Thank you all.

Since i am here, In adding and deleting the emby jail several times when i am in kodi the login screen  shows multiple emby server to chose from is ther a way to clean this screen and show only one emby server?

Once again thank you all for the help 

Hi @wbravin, please ask this question in the Kodi section of the community. Thanks.