Option to logout previous user

stuartsharp

stuartsharp

Hi team,

Apologies if this has already been requested. Since a recent update, Emby clients are remembering the last user to login. While this is a great feature, it creates another issue for shared devices such as TVs, because the TV client always insists on having the last user's passcode before it will allow you into the app to change the user (unless I've missed something). Please could we have a, 'Sign in as another user' option added to the password entry screen, including the D-pad entry screen? Maybe make it so that just long-pressing the Enter button without entering any digits causes it to back out to 'select user.'

Thanks,

Stuart

Edited by stuartsharp

Hi.  Which app specifically are you referring to?  If you have remember user turned on, you should not be getting a password prompt.

stuartsharp
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Which app specifically are you referring to?  If you have remember user turned on, you should not be getting a password prompt.

Hi ebr,

The app I'm referring to is the Android TV app. We use it on a Shield TV and a couple of FireTV devices. There are 3 startup options:

- Show login screen Works fine, but anyone signing in has to first choose a server (I have two) then a user every time.

- Automatically login as this user Works fine but not no good for us due to parental guidance issues

Remember last user This is the one I'm talking about. This is my preferred option, but once a user with a password logs in, nobody else can get access by themself.

Just to explain further; my account has a password and my daughter's does not. I use the D-pad entry method so that my code is never revealed. If I login and use Emby, then close the app, nobody but me can get back in, because when Emby is re-opened, it remembers that I was logged in last and asks for my passcode. I wouldn't want it to just sign me back in without prompting for the password again, because that would be totally insecure, so it's good that it does this, but there is no option to switch user at the password entry stage, and this is what I would like to see change.

Even if I manually logout before closing the app, it's the same deal - it still wants my password because I was the last person to be logged in. So, for now, the only way I can get around this is to switch the user to my daughter before I logout. If I forget to do this, she can't get access without me, even though her account doesn't need a password.

The "Show Login Screen" option is designed for your use-case of that TV.

Alternatively, you can set the app to automatically log in as your Daughter so that, whenever she starts it, that's what she gets and, when you start it, you just switch to your user using the user menu at top.

stuartsharp
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

The "Show Login Screen" option is designed for your use-case of that TV.

Alternatively, you can set the app to automatically log in as your Daughter so that, whenever she starts it, that's what she gets and, when you start it, you just switch to your user using the user menu at top.

I understand that those workarounds are available and thank you for pointing them out. Even so, please consider adding the switch feature that I'm requesting to the password entry screen. It would be a great enhancement and, speaking for myself, much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart

Yes, not a bad idea to have a quick option to log in as a different user when auto-login is enabled.

Thanks.