Turn Off "BONG" Noise When Pausing, Skipping, etc

narb77
Go to solution Solved by narb77,

narb77

Hi 

Every time I press the Pause, Play, Skip, Back or Channel Change buttons while watching something. I loud "BONG" noise gets blasted from my speakers.  

I am not sure if this is something that can be turned off from within media browser or media center.  I have unchecked the sound effects box in media center settings but it seems to only turn off the sound effects when scrolling through the media center menus.

I would really like a way to turn this feature off as it is really loud when you are watching a movie with poor audio that needs to be played loud to hear anything.

• Like 1

christoph86

I think you can just turn the volume down or mute within WMC.  There should be a volume control at the lower right of media center.

The problem is WMC only has a single volume control and he has the volume cranked way up due to bad audio quality of his video.

I don't think there is anything you can do here except try to get better quality audio out of your source.

The audible feedback is necessary when working with something like an IR remote control because button presses at the control don't always make it to the target so we need some sort of feedback when it does.

nydude25

You can shut off the navigation sounds in WMC in the General Settings.

It's under Visual and Sound Effects.

And it won't affect the audio of your video.

You can shut off the navigation sounds in WMC in the General Settings.

It's under Visual and Sound Effects.

And it won't affect the audio of your video.

That won't impact these sounds as they are produced by us not WMC.

That won't impact these sounds as they are produced by us not WMC.

Actually, I take that back.  We don't make any sounds when pause, play, skip or channel +/- are pressed, so those must be coming from somewhere else...

• Solution
narb77

I'm using Soundgraph IMON that receives the IR  signal from my Logitech remote control.  So I will try to find out if it is coming from that software.  

Is anyone familiar with IMON software & if it could be producing these sounds?  

narb77

Solved.  Sound was coming from the IMON Control.  Found a way to de-select it in the config.

Thanks Guys

• Like 1