Questions about new NFO functionality

steve1977

steve1977

I am very excited about the new functionality of NFOs and so happy to get rid of the XML files.

I am not 100% clear yet how it exactly works though and looking for guidance on the feature:

1) If I create an NFO file myself manually and then add the movie (with NFO file) to an MBS-wtached folder. Will MBS read this manually crated NFO file and at the same time automatically add info that is missing to the NFO file (e.g., IMDB ID is already in the NFO, but it adds the artist name)?

2) What happens if I have already added an movie (and MBS created an NFO file for it) and I then manually change the NFO file (e.g., changing watch-tag inside the NFO file from watched to unwatched). Will MBS pick up my manual changes?

3) How does the "refresh" function now works. Will it over-write anything or just fill empty info?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by steve1977

steve1977

I tried out (2) myself and unfortunately, it does not appear to work like I would have expected. I have changed a movie manually in the NFO file to "unwatched" by changing the NFO to include below. Unfortunately, the movie still does show as "watched" under MBS. I also refreshed without any change. Is this intended behavior and can you shed a bit more light into it. Thanks!

<playcount>0</playcount>

• 3 months later...
StealthDefender

we don't read the playstate stuff right now. maybe later.

Would be a useful function.

Would be nice to have the watchedstates imported from the playcount of the kodi .nfo

Is there any date when this feature could be integrated?

Greetz Stealth

Sent from my Stealth-Phone

StealthDefender

We already do. Read the blog. Explore the server dashboard.

Sorry but i don´t get it!

I have some Episodes that i have seen more then 2 times.

But i only see the watched flag in Media Browser.

Also in the .nfo thw  <playcount> shows 0.

Greetz Stealth