Upgrading Emby on FreeNAS, emby dashboard wrong.

alteci

alteci

I'm running FreeNAS-11.3-U4, installed Emby a few months back using the Plugins page on FreeNAS.  I keep FreeNAS up to date (obviously, as 11.3.U4 wasn't the installed version).  However, Emby dashboard shows:  "Version 4.4.2.0" and a white/green background check and "Emby Server is up to date".  Why does it show it's up to date when it's not, the latest available version of Emby is 4.4.3.0?

Looks like this is the log from after the midnight rollover. Can you supply a log file from starting up the server? thanks.

alteci

Um, I'm not sure, I've had this running for a few months now and I don't see anything older than what you see on the screen.

MRobi
6 hours ago, alteci said:

Um, I'm not sure, I've had this running for a few months now and I don't see anything older than what you see on the screen.

Reboot the jail and then grab the first log file ;)

alteci

So, I've fixed it it by using the Upgrade button on the jail.

I was preparing to reboot and get the log file....I reboot the jail, then noticed there was a FreeNAS update available so I applied it then reboot FreeNAS, I then noticed there was an update jail button, and thinking it was going to just update the user space, I clicked it...after it finished, when I went into Emby it was to the latest version.  So FreeNAS upgraded Emby, but shouldn't emby be upgrading itself?  Here's the log file after these reboots.embyserver.txt

So FreeNAS upgraded Emby, but shouldn't emby be upgrading itself?

No, there's no self-update on FreeNAS. You would update just like you did.

alteci

Ok, so why did it show no upgrade was needed when it really was?  That's sort of misleading, the message on the main screen.

We don't know yet. That's why we're asking for these log files. It could be something like a communication failure with the remote host that provides the latest version numbers.