Real Time Monitoring Stopped working

genro
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Just noticed recently that real time monitoring doesn't seem to be working. Added new content to my server and usually MBC picks it up but made multiple attempts and nothing new found until the scheduled task runs. I also tried from multiple client HTPCs with MBC and none picked up the new files.

Confirmed that real time monitoring is checked in the server settings. 

Attached server log during which I both added a movie and started MBC.

log.zip

Edited by genro

Hi please see attached log.

Copied a new movie (Lunchbox, The (2013) is the folder name) to my server starting at 6:59pm and it finished at 7:01pm. Started MBC at 7:02 pm and waited a minute. The new movie did not show up. Thanks

log.txt

Edited by genro

Realized "Debug Logging" was not enabled for that last attempt so I enabled it and did the same thing.

Started copying a movie ("Cabin Fever Patient Zero (2014)" folder name) at 7:07pm and it stopped at 7:09pm copying.

Started MBC at 7:10pm and waited one minute (new movie was not detected).

log2.txt

Edited by genro

• Solution

looks like you removed the library scan from startup. right now, that's the reason. we'll revisit at some point but for now, that's it.

• Like 1

looks like you removed the library scan from startup. right now, that's the reason. we'll revisit at some point but for now, that's it.

Hi Luke, I think there may be some confusion (or at least I am :) ). I restarted the server just to get a "clean" log. And yes I set the scan media library task to run at 6am only not at start up.

However the issue I am seeing is that in the past if I had a new movie/tv show copied to my library it was picked up by the "Real Time Monitoring". I am not seeing this behavior anymore and it is not picked up until the refresh library task is next run. Let me know if anything isn't clear.

Nothing has changed from my end hardware/network wise. I know it was working within the last month or two at least.

There isn't any additional information needed. I just acknowledged a known issue. It's probably been that way for six months at least, so I don't know, maybe you stayed on an older version for a while.

There isn't any additional information needed. I just acknowledged a known issue. It's probably been that way for six months at least, so I don't know, maybe you stayed on an older version for a while.

Ahh ok I misunderstood your post. It's possible I haven't updated the server in a while, I have it set to release only. Thanks