How is channel content updated?

Macburp

Macburp

Not sure where the channel guys hang out, so may as well post here.

Tuned in to the ITV channel hoping to watch tonight's edition of Tour de France highlights, to find it was not there (btw, I use MBC). Checked the web client, also not there. Checked the android ITV Player app, the programme is there.

Question - how is content updated? Is this done by the server, how often, are updates under a users control at all?

(OK, so that's more than one question, but I think you get the idea)

Thanks.

snazy2000

It updates at the server. The data is cached for 1 day.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Macburp

Thanks snazy. How often do updates take place, and roughly what time of day?

(BTW, latest Tour de France highlightws was there when I logged in to MBC this morning)

Macburp

Thanks snazy. How often do updates take place, and roughly what time of day?

(BTW, latest Tour de France highlightws was there when I logged in to MBC this morning)

OK, so solved my own problem - go to scheduled task and click on 'Download Channel Content' gives you the option to vary the time at which new content is checked. I've set mine to 1hr, we'll see how we get on.

Macburp

OK, so solved my own problem - go to scheduled task and click on 'Download Channel Content' gives you the option to vary the time at which new content is checked. I've set mine to 1hr, we'll see how we get on.

The update process is not going well. Despite seeing the latest episode of the tour de France in the ITV player app, and manually refreshing channel content on the server, the latest episode doesn't show up until the next day. Odd. It feels like the changes to the event triggers I made have not worked?

Any thoughts?

Macburp

The update process is not going well. Despite seeing the latest episode of the tour de France in the ITV player app, and manually refreshing channel content on the server, the latest episode doesn't show up until the next day. Odd. It feels like the changes to the event triggers I made have not worked?

Any thoughts?

Thought I'd better add a server log - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22367822/channels%20update%20fails.txt