MB Classic doesnt install

gbelcik

gbelcik

I am trying to get MB classic into my windows media center.... when i go to install it it downloads media browser classic 3.0.195.0 no problem, once its down downloading it closes.. and launches WMC like its supposed to, but there is no plugin, its just the regular WMC... i have checked all settings and extras and its not there

also there is no Media Browser Configurator for me to click on under programs... and its also not under uninstall list..... i cant seem to get it to work

gbelcik

i have been messing with this all night... it installed fine on another windows 7 computer.... so i ran windows update and let it go... still wouldnt install

got frustrated and just reformatted, and with a fresh windows it still wont install... so im at a loss what could be causing it

if anyone has any ideas im all ears  :)

That's the entire install log?  You said WMC started at the end, right?  I don't see the message that we are doing that.

Make sure you don't have any anti-malware that might be messing with things.

buddyweiser

I uninstalled and reinstalled MBC earlier regarding a separate issue, and also had issues

wgpxmx.png

I disabled Norton, then installed, and had no issues after that.

gbelcik

yes thats whole install log... and i have no anti virus or anti malware... and all windows security options are disabled... same results after i reformatted as well

i even tried compatibility modes lol... maybe i will put XP on the damn thing and try it

maybe i will put XP on the damn thing and try it

You're in Windows 7 or 8 right...