Movie Trailers on Roku

chrisrobbins1970

chrisrobbins1970

How can I add trailers to my movies.. I see the trailers for the moves on my android and the website.. but i have three Rokus..

How do I add trailers for my movies???

Edited by chrisrobbins1970

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Just noticed the new version of the Roku app doesn't seem to be showing option to play local trailers - I have local trailers for most movies in my library and they all show and play if I use the browser, emby theater or android app using the same user to login to the server.  No button is showing on Emby app as though there is no trailer available.

Happy2Play
19 minutes ago, c4pete said:

Hi, Just noticed the new version of the Roku app doesn't seem to be showing option to play local trailers - I have local trailers for most movies in my library and they all show and play if I use the browser, emby theater or android app using the same user to login to the server.  No button is showing on Emby app as though there is no trailer available.

I will have to check again when I can get on my Roku, but what Emby for Roku channel/app version are you on?

skidmarks

running beta server (4.5.0.16) with beta roku app (didnt check version, but latest) and trailer option is there and works

D/L roku emby stable (4.0.4) and it works as well.

all local trailers have exact movie name as folder-trailer

edit:  see this was a old post

Edited by skidmarks

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked again several titles, all local trailers work fine in browser, emby theater and android app but not showing in the Roku app. Server version is 4430 and Roku app version is 4.0.4. I know this was an old thread, but thought I may as well revive because my problem seemed to be the same.

I'm logging in to the roku app with the same user as all other apps, the trailer button just doesn't show on roku. Not sure what else to try?

cheers!

3 minutes ago, c4pete said:

Just checked again several titles, all local trailers work fine in browser, emby theater and android app but not showing in the Roku app. Server version is 4430 and Roku app version is 4.0.4. I know this was an old thread, but thought I may as well revive because my problem seemed to be the same.

I'm logging in to the roku app with the same user as all other apps, the trailer button just doesn't show on roku. Not sure what else to try?

cheers!

Hi.  Are you positive these are actually trailers that exist on your local system and not YouTube trailers pulled in by the system?

Hi, yes, I've got Radeon's trailer download plugin, and have checked the  -trailer files are there for the titles I've tried.

All seems to be working fine now... I replaced a -trailer file on the server so I would know where it was streaming from, re-installed the Roku app and everything works as expected!

Not sure if it was the Roku app re-install or a corrupt trailer video file.

Thanks for your inputs, it all helped me resolve the issue.

It might have just needed a library scan. You can also use "Refresh" on the item on the detail screen. Either of those should make it see them if they are named correctly.

Glad you got it working. Hopefully there are no other issues. If there are please let us know. We want to solve all the bugs and we cannot find them all ourselves. Thanks again. ^_^

• 1 month later...