Jump to content
Mohammednt0

How to delete all libraries at once

Recommended Posts

Mohammednt0

Hi,

How to delete all libraries at once ?, i tried to delete library.db file from the below location but it didn't work,

C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data

when ever i click scan library files button, all of them will come back this is driving me crazy am i missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars

You delete libraries one by one via the GUI.  

Click Library menu on the left.

Select the 3 dot menu on your first Library and choose  REMOVE.

Repeat for each library you wish to remove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mohammednt0
1 minute ago, cayars said:

You delete libraries one by one via the GUI.  

Click Library menu on the left.

Select the 3 dot menu on your first Library and choose  REMOVE.

Repeat for each library you wish to remove.

i tried that, its sooooooo slow to delete one by one, why exactly its taking so long to delete the library !!, is there any other way ?

and when i do that method the emby server will hang and will be slow and less responsive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars

The server is doing house keeping to properly remove the libraries.

No there isn't a better method than this short of uninstalling Emby Server, wiping the data paths and starting over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mohammednt0
1 minute ago, cayars said:

The server is doing house keeping to properly remove the libraries.

No there isn't a better method than this short of uninstalling Emby Server, wiping the data paths and starting over.

what if i uninstalling Emby Server, wiping the data paths, then use the backup to restore my emby settings will the libraries come back ? i need my users settings it will be hard to recreate all of the users

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars

That's a lot of work and prone to error.  Take the safe route and just delete the libs one by one.

This way once you reload your libraries you retain things like watched status as well as all user info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mohammednt0
6 minutes ago, cayars said:

That's a lot of work and prone to error.  Take the safe route and just delete the libs one by one.

This way once you reload your libraries you retain things like watched status as well as all user info.

ok thanks for the advise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdrianW

When deleting a library via the UI a library scan is triggered - just stop the scan and delete your next library. Just let the scan after the final delete complete.

It sounds like you added way too many libraries in the first place. Perhaps you need to reorganise some content before re-adding libraries.

I have about 6 - e.g. TV, Cartoons, Anime, Movies, etc.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...