Emby Zoom

Watson19

Watson19

C47F852F-EA5C-4C8C-BF18-F69D8EBBF188.thumb.jpeg.e1e94bbbd7d13b617e876d28f9b80736.jpeg

Trying to zoom the picture when watching a movie so it’s in full screen. Everytime I try to use it, it cuts off the picture. I’m using AmazonFireTV. Never had this problem before, it used to just say zoom but now there must have been an update at it says horizontal and vertical and zoom. All 3 of them cut the picture off like the picture attached.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

You may want to try the zoom feature built into your TV.  Most have this type of feature.

Something else to think about is the media itself.  If it was cropped during encoding it can throw of features like this.

Do you get this problem on all media or just certain items?

Watson19
48 minutes ago, cayars said:

You may want to try the zoom feature built into your TV.  Most have this type of feature.

Something else to think about is the media itself.  If it was cropped during encoding it can throw of features like this.

Do you get this problem on all media or just certain items?

Only issue with that is you have to zoom back out to use Emby again. It’s mostly just movies it happens with. Tv shows majority of them are full screen. I tried external players which put everything full screen no problem but they don’t sync with Emby is you stop watching half way through so you need to watch from beginning again. 

Hi.  I cannot tell the exact problem from the picture you posted.  Can you explain a bit more?  Exactly what is cut off?

Thanks.

Watson19
On 7/20/2020 at 2:58 AM, Luke said:

Does this happen with all movies?

@LukeYes this happens with all movies new and old. 

Watson19
On 7/20/2020 at 1:52 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  I cannot tell the exact problem from the picture you posted.  Can you explain a bit more?  Exactly what is cut off?

Thanks.

@ebr yes not a problem. Below are the images of the problem I am getting. 
1st image is the picture in normal settings not full screen.

2nd image is horizontal stretch as you can see the picture has moved and part of it is cut off compared to the first image.
3rd image is using vertical stretch, again same problem picture cut off and not in full screen.

4th image is the list of options I get on the fireTV when I go to the zoom button in settings.

The 5th image is zoom which also cuts off the picture and does not make use of full screen.

This never use to be a problem I was able to zoom any movie and it would go full screen no problem. Now it has all these different options and none of them work. 

EDDCC7FC-B403-4F5C-BC21-753F24B5056E.jpeg

DC9FAC22-035C-46EC-B5F5-2F780A8B162F.jpeg

0741838B-13D6-4AB3-97C8-F8D48FFF8115.jpeg

E6F3DF0C-2A6D-4E27-BFF1-2C18327F6C25.jpeg

FE63F105-8E09-4F44-96F3-EA00C077C1B8.jpeg

Watson19
On 7/21/2020 at 9:19 PM, ebr said:

Exactly what device is this and what version of Android?

Thanks.

@ebr I am using Amazon FireTV box and my Emby version is 1.8.11a

15 hours ago, Watson19 said:

@ebr I am using Amazon FireTV box and my Emby version is 1.8.11a

Hi.  Exactly which Fire TV and what is the version of Android (the OS)?

Thanks.

Watson19
5 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Exactly which Fire TV and what is the version of Android (the OS)?

Thanks.

@ebr hi sorry my mistake there, it’s a 2nd generation fire tv box and it’s current OS is Fire OS 5.2.7.3 , would the older box have an effect on the app? 

20 hours ago, Watson19 said:

would the older box have an effect on the app

Yes, I believe this is only an issue on those old boxes still running Android 5.1.  I have put in a fix for this in the current beta.

Thanks.