Dark Mode?

Allan Cameron

Allan Cameron

Would like to see a dark mode interface to match my Apple TV dark mode system wide setting. The current lighter mode bothers my eyes on my 65' Samsung TV. Its been quite some time now. Is this a challenge to do? I would think it should be a more simple thing then other types of fetchers. From what i am reading here regarding Apple TV app development it's at a bare minimum it seams. Sorry if i sound like i am complaining but its been quite a few years now since development and still this has not been added.

Thanks

corey

Hi!

We’ve hard Dark mode support for a long time now (years at this point) and it’s setup to respect the system wide setting. What version of the app are you using (it’s under settings)?

Allan Cameron
1 minute ago, corey said:

Hi!

We’ve hard Dark mode support for a long time now (years at this point) and it’s setup to respect the system wide setting. What version of the app are you using (it’s under settings)?

Hi Corey, thanks. 

I am on 1.4.5.24 en-CA

I have never seen that option in the setting. Still don't.

All i get is a blu-ish grey. Nothing dark. And nothing in the setting,

See here

IMG_0557.jpg.7cb9128e10ff8a36947cff1e69dde09e.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

corey
9 minutes ago, Allan Cameron said:

Hi Corey, thanks. 

I am on 1.4.5.24 en-CA

I have never seen that option in the setting. Still don't.

All i get is a blu-ish grey. Nothing dark. And nothing in the setting,

See here

IMG_0557.jpg.7cb9128e10ff8a36947cff1e69dde09e.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

The app is indeed in Dark Mode there. We actually use the Apple TV (tvOS) default colors for dark mode. If you switch your appearance setting under Apple TV to Light you’ll notice it’s quite a bit different.

• Sad 1

Allan Cameron

Ahh ok. That's why then.

Ok then can we get a proper actual dark mode option? Like very dark gray or black. This is still quite light and not what i would call dark.

The Roku interface is really good. Very dark.. black. Much easier on my eyes. I just prefer to use my Apple TV.

Thanks Corey

corey

It may be something we can consider on the future but we tend to respect the tvOS defaults most of the time. 

Allan Cameron
1 hour ago, corey said:

It may be something we can consider on the future but we tend to respect the tvOS defaults most of the time. 

Theme's would be nice. Then we could have a black theme among others. Could be a separate setting leaving the Apple TV light and dark mode intact.

Thanks

Edited by Allan Cameron