Server login(s) not persistent

vreis

I just purchased a Roku Ultra LT (ver. 9.3.0 build 4170-46) to replace NVidia streamer and every time I switch servers or leave the Emby app without exiting the logins don't persist like on the NVidia, I always  have to enter my password, why is this happening? Also with the current release Emby app when I switch between Home and Favorites more often than not the screen blacks out. The app seems very buggy. So I did switch to your beta as per one of your forums and it seems to be more stable and persist the login as long as I don't switch servers. The app should persist logins. The NVidia box did with no issues. I would think the Roku app should work the same.

Please advise.

Sammy

First question is why are you replacing your Shield TV?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Did you enable the Remember Me setting within the app after login?

Its kind of irrelevant, lack of applications in the Google Store. It seems Roku has lots more applications/channels than NVidia. 

Unfortunately it is likely the bounds of the registry is exceeded or corrupted at some point. It is simply JSON. It cannot save more when these strings exceed their given space or that space becomes unreadable. You need to clear the Roku app. Press the * button and go to "Application Settings". When on the settings screen go to the bottom and find "Reset Settings" and click it. This will format the space the Emby Roku app uses to store settings/userdata. After you do the reset, wait 2 seconds, then press the HOME button on the Roku remote. You will be on the Roku homescreen. Now start the Emby app again. The app will start you on the "Emby PIN" screen and will ask you all over to enter your information but it will remember this time. This should clear out whatever was keeping it from saving.

Please let us know if this does not solve the problem. You may also need to delete ALL Roku devices from the devices tab on your Emby server. Do not worry they regenerate as the user re-authenticates on each device. But sometimes the authentication key doesn't match what the Roku has and sometimes this causes the mismatch.

You may need to do both. You may only need to reset the Roku app, not the server devices. You can tell how far you have to go.

Let us know how it goes. Apologies for the issue.

Edited by speechles

speechles, thanks.  I did what you mentioned above, including removing all devices in the server. 

It fixed the login issue as long I stay within the same server.
If I switch servers, login to the new server, when I go back to the previous server, it wants me to login again, almost like it loses the login credentials when servers are switched.

The way I am switching servers is by selecting the "sprocket" icon on the top right of the screen and selecting "Select Server"
I also tried your the "*" on the remote and using the "Select Server" option, but it does the same thing which prompts me for login every time.

Again, with the NVidia Shield all I had to do is login once on each server and after that I could switch back and forth without having to login again.

Is this a bug or do I need to do something else ?

Thanks

It isn't a "bug" but it is the current design in this app.  The app only saves the last set of credentials - not all credentials for all servers.  We will improve this at some point in the future.

Thanks.

Thanks ebr for the update. 

That's disappointing because your other apps (ie. NVidia shield) has this feature. 

When you have other household users that are technically challenged, the feature of remembering credentials for all registered servers can be helpful. Just like other streaming apps has.

Thanks again.

4 minutes ago, vreis said:

When you have other household users that are technically challenged, the feature of remembering credentials for all registered servers can be helpful. Just like other streaming apps has.

Thanks again.

If these users are on your local network that contains your server you have an option.

Go to each user that is technically challenged and click on the PASSWORD tab.

Scroll down to this section:

LNA.png