MBC release 195 still has FF/RW issues in

regularguy
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

regularguy

I upgraded MBC to 197 release and unfortunately it still has the same problem with FF/RW buttons on an MCE remote inside WMC7.  You can bring up the OSD and the white box shows selection of different chapters (as an example), but you can't "select/execute" the command??  I have tried clicking select, enter, play, >>| and you just hear a beep and nothing happens.

This works for me so please post a log when you try these operations.

Anyone else have this issue?

(btw - the current release is 195 - just confirming that is what you are on)

regularguy

Yes, sorry about that, I am on 195 release.  Which logs do you need me to post?  MBC logs?  How do I access them?  I have tried this on two WMC7 machines with WCE remotes that work with MyMovies plugin to WMC7.  I get the same result with MBC 195 release.  I can get the new OSD to show up, can even move the chapter white box around  but can't get it to actually skip to the new place.  Even using [num]>>| or >>| or ch+ or >>, again nothing happens.  I don't think the program is taking the "select" button properly or the >>| button.  Just my observation.

Artie

It sounds like it could be a problem with your remote or something else in your environment as you are the only one so far reporting this issue and I cannot reproduce it.

As for logs, pinned at the top of this forum: How to report a problem

regularguy

OK I have captured the logs and put on dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/skav7jrngc4a72h/server-63541152000.zip

I'm using a standard MCE remote and this is happening on two separate machines setups with two separate remotes and two separate installations of MBC/WMC.  The MCE remote doesn't even have programmability functionality.

any suggestions?

THanks

Artie

I really wanted to see the MBC log not the server log since this is an MBC issue.  However, the fact that a transcode log exists on your server, I think, points me to your real issue - which is a configuration one.

You have defined your library to the server using either local drive letters or mapped drives.  The MBC machine cannot see these locations as they are local to the server machine.  Therefore, it is streaming/transcoding the items from the server instead of directly playing them in the WMC player.  This is why you cannot skip or direct seek.

To fix this you need to either:

• Re define your media locations using UNC paths that the MBC machines can see and have permissions to access OR
  • Use the Path Substitution feature in the same place to map the local references to UNC ones

regularguy

Hi ebr,

I'm not sure I understand.  I DID share all media folders on the server using the UNC method described on your link (I didn't add the $ though).  I also added those UNC paths to the media library of the WMC clients.  I see all the movies in WMC so I'm pretty sure the shares are working.  So why is the transcoding thing happening?  I do get a message when I start a movie that "can't find [something], attempting to stream from server" or something like that.  Could that be why?

Where do I get the MBC log?

Artie

regularguy

Hi ebr,

By the way I looked at the server log and it's filled iwth web socket errors and straming errors:

2014-07-17 07:49:47.4094 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message UserUpdated
2014-07-17 07:49:47.4094 Info - UserManager: Authentication request for Artie has succeeded.
2014-07-17 07:49:47.7703 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/package/retrieveall
2014-07-17 07:49:49.0797 Error - ServerManager: SessionWebSocketListener failed processing WebSocket message Context
Unrecognized Guid format.
System.FormatException
  at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException)
  at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)
  at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.ReportNowViewingItem(String sessionId, String itemId)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionWebSocketListener.ProcessContextMessage(WebSocketMessageInfo message)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionWebSocketListener.ProcessMessage(WebSocketMessageInfo message)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerManager.ServerManager.<>c__DisplayClass3.<>c__DisplayClass5.<<ProcessWebSocketMessageReceived>b__2>d__7.MoveNext()

2014-07-17 07:49:49.1277 Error - ServerManager: SessionWebSocketListener failed processing WebSocket message Context
System.FormatException
  at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.ReportNowViewingItem(String sessionId, String itemId)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionWebSocketListener.ProcessContextMessage(WebSocketMessageInfo message)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionWebSocketListener.ProcessMessage(WebSocketMessageInfo message)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerManager.ServerManager.<>c__DisplayClass3.<>c__DisplayClass5.<<ProcessWebSocketMessageReceived>b__2>d__7.MoveNext()

2014-07-17 07:49:57.9902 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/package/retrieveall
2014-07-17 07:50:01.6827 Info - App: C:\Users\Artie\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20140612\ffmpeg.exe -probesize 1G -analyzeduration 200M -fflags +genpts -i concat:"G:\Movies\11_14\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB|G:\Movies\11_14\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB|G:\Movies\11_14\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB|G:\Movies\11_14\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB|G:\Movies\11_14\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_5.VOB" -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -map -0:s -vcodec msmpeg4 -force_key_frames expr:gte(t,n_forced*5) -mbd 2 -b:v 7620173 -r 23.97602 -vsync vfr -map_metadata -1 -threads 2 -acodec wmav2 -ac 2 -ab 128000 -af "aresample=async=1,volume=2" -y "C:\Users\Artie\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\252621db57ad826ca58a284ed7717f38.asf"
2014-07-17 07:51:03.4912 Error - App: Error streaming media. The client has most likely disconnected or transcoding has failed.
2014-07-17 07:51:04.4951 Info - App: Killing ffmpeg process for C:\Users\Artie\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\252621db57ad826ca58a284ed7717f38.asf
2014-07-17 07:51:04.6003 Info - App: FFMpeg exited with code 0
2014-07-17 07:51:04.6003 Info - App: Deleting partial stream file(s) C:\Users\Artie\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\252621db57ad826ca58a284ed7717f38.asf
2014-07-17 07:51:09.8427 Error - ServerManager: SessionWebSocketListener failed processing WebSocket message Context
System.FormatException

2014-07-17 07:51:09.8943 Error - ServerManager: SessionWebSocketListener failed processing WebSocket message Context
System.FormatException

Does any of this make sense?

Thanks
Artie

• Solution

The "Something like that" message you are seeing on playback says:

Could not access media. Will attempt to stream.  Use UNC paths or path substitution on server and ensure this machine can access them.

Which is the problem.

You may have set up the UNC shares, but when you defined your media locations in your media folders, you pointed to the local drive (G:\) instead of the UNC share (\\servername\share\) so they aren't being used.

You need to do one of the two things I've outlined below:

53c840f56f551_unclocations.png

regularguy

Hi ebr,

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you sooo much!  Turns out I had a brain fart and did do local drive letter sharing on the server.  I read the UNC share article and thought I changed it but didn't!  As soon as I changed it, every >>|, |<<, >>, <<, ch+,ch- button is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the media browser now!!!!  I'm converted from MyMovies now!!!!!

Only small suggestion is to make it very clear that you REALLY REALLY need to do UNC sharing, or things like buttons not working on remotes will happen so if an idiot like me doesn't do it, he can figure it out himself.

Thanks again!

Artie