Runaway TV/IPTV

revengineer

revengineer

What is the proper way to end Live TV on the NVIDIA SHIELD? If I push the "back" button, the system does not seems to react promptly. When the system does react, the screen turns black but the audio keeps going. It takes multiple presses to finally exit the TV mode. This morning I noticed that while TV program stopped showing last night, the underlying stream kept transferring all night long. This is either a bug or I need some education on how to properly shut down a TV stream.

revengineer

Hm, I am clearly having issues with IPTV on this because what you describe did not happen for me. This NVIDIA SHIELD is new for me so I am still learning. But last night was the third occasion of this happening so I thought I ask for advice. I may need to check if Live TV from the HD Homerun behaves differently. Further feedback appreciated.

Edited by revengineer

revengineer

Thanks for the responses. This is v1.8.10g which was the version installed from the Play Store. It should not be beta. I am surprised that the store does not have the latest version. Or is the fixed version still beta?

CBers

Latest versions. 

Emby for Android TV
Google Devices
Stable: v1.8.10g (2020/06/27)
Beta: v1.8.17g (2020/07/17)

Amazon Devices
Stable: v1.8.10a (2020/06/27)
Beta: v1.8.17g (2020/07/17)

Latest beta(s) need to be side-loaded, due to the time it takes to go through Google's review system. 

APK is in the beta release notes. 

2 hours ago, Sammy said:

This is probably it. A few versions back this was occurring. It's fixed now but you'll need to sideload it to get the latest version.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42240-emby-android-tv-release-notes-beta/

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

You don't have to sideload for this fix.  Just join the Google beta and you will get the version that fixes this.

• Like 1