Android TV - HDMI Passthrough?

MBSki

Tony B.
22 hours ago, laola said:

actually there are just 2 options - "auto (best available)" or "dolby digital+". With the first option Emby will play actually all kind of Dolby formats including TrueHD with Atmos or DD+ with Atmos - but has serious issues with DTS HD formats or even with DTS lossly formats (video stutters). The second option will give you basically all the time DD+ sound (without Atmos and without HD). 

Glad I haven't picked one of these up.

laola

depends. Even I like Emby very much - the Kodi 20 Cube3 optimzied version fullfils every need and dream - so nothing is missing there (all audio formats (escept DD & DD+ wich are supported as PCM 5.1) and all video formats are supoported) and the LiveTV interface (and performance) is superior compared to Emby... 

Edited by laola

56 minutes ago, laola said:

depends. Even I like Emby very much - the Kodi 20 Cube3 optimzied version fullfils every need and dream - so nothing is missing there (all audio formats (escept DD & DD+ wich are supported as PCM 5.1) and all video formats are supoported) and the LiveTV interface (and performance) is superior compared to Emby... 

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Tony B. said:

Should I try this as well, with the downgraded Fire Stick?

That would be great, thanks !

14 hours ago, laola said:

I already did before - basically no difference (except that the TV interface is a bit more comfortable)

Hi, why do you think it's more comfortable?

laola

using "direct mode" (what should be normal for home use) you are asked whether you would like to change the playing mode when you pause the TV stream. When you do so, then it takes some few seconds to switch the mode. This doesn't occur with the "normal" Emby. In addition, it takes less time to start a TV stream and also switching channels is a bit faster (for the "normal" Emby). Also the OSD is a bit nicer (but still far away fromn being nice)...

Tony B.

@LukeVC1 doesn't play on this side loaded version on my 6.2.6.8 rooted Fire Stick.

DTS-MA comes through as DTS

TrueHD comes through as PCM

Dolby Digital Plus seems to bitstream

Basically the same results as Kodi.

Edited by Tony B.

1 hour ago, laola said:

using "direct mode" (what should be normal for home use) you are asked whether you would like to change the playing mode when you pause the TV stream. When you do so, then it takes some few seconds to switch the mode. This doesn't occur with the "normal" Emby. In addition, it takes less time to start a TV stream and also switching channels is a bit faster (for the "normal" Emby). 

Have a look through your settings as these are app configurable

laola

I don't understand which settings you are meaning. Using direct play shorten the time until the stream starts. Not using direct play means "endless" waiting until the stream starts. Using the "normal" emby app the TV fuctions are somehow better/different... (I am using the DVBViewer plug-in - maybe this makes a difference ?). 

Live TV Settings
   Direct Play Live TV - enabled will start faster but doesn't allow trick play. If you use any trick play functions while watching TV it will prompt you to disable this for the Live TV session.
   Live TV Start Time - Fast is likely what you want to set this to
   Allow Video Stream Copy - enable this

Playback Settings
   Allow Direct Play of TS Files - enable this
   Enable Refresh Rate Switching - optional enable
   Match Video Resolution - optional enable 
   DeInterlace SD Content - not enabled, leave blank
   DeInterlace HD Content - not enabled, leave blank

laola
13 hours ago, cayars said:

Live TV Settings
   Direct Play Live TV - enabled will start faster but doesn't allow trick play. If you use any trick play functions while watching TV it will prompt you to disable this for the Live TV session.
   Live TV Start Time - Fast is likely what you want to set this to
   Allow Video Stream Copy - enable this

Playback Settings
   Allow Direct Play of TS Files - enable this
   Enable Refresh Rate Switching - optional enable
   Match Video Resolution - optional enable 
   DeInterlace SD Content - not enabled, leave blank
   DeInterlace HD Content - not enabled, leave blank

well - these are execty my settings - and it works but other media centers are working better/faster/nicer...

12 hours ago, laola said:

other media centers are working better/faster/nicer...

Which ones, if you don't mind me asking?

laola

Kodi V20 (in combination with the FireTV Cube 3) - especially LiveTV is much more convinient and advanced compared to Emby. I like Emby more in terms of the GUI (except the OSD for TV)...