Out of Memory Exception

tonyrcom

tonyrcom

My MB Server has started to crash regularly with an error pop up message stating "Out of Memory Exception".

2014-07-16 10:51:43.2638 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 70.28.116.186. Response time: 2562 ms.
2014-07-16 10:51:43.7138 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
System.OutOfMemoryException
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity(Int32 value)
  at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions.GetMemoryStream(IDataReader reader, Int32 ordinal)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteItemRepository.GetItem(IDataReader reader)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteItemRepository.RetrieveItem(Guid id)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetItemById(Guid id)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RetrieveChild(Guid child)
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.get_ActualChildren()
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.<GetActualChildren>b__d(Folder c)
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.AddChildrenToList(User user, Boolean includeLinkedChildren, List`1 list, Boolean includeHidden, Boolean recursive)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.AddChildrenToList(User user, Boolean includeLinkedChildren, List`1 list, Boolean includeHidden, Boolean recursive)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetRecursiveChildren(User user, Boolean includeLinkedChildren)
  at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.GetItemsToSerialize(GetItems request, User user, BaseItem parentItem)
  at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.GetItems(GetItems request)
  at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object )
  at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto)

2014-07-16 10:51:43.7388 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/Users/dbb8b66f1bdfb4616a4777fe70a4ce33/Items?SortBy=IsFavoriteOrLiked%2CRandom&Limit=50&Recursive=true&IncludeItemTypes=movie%2Cseries%2Cgame%2Cbook&ImageTypes=Backdrop&ParentId=
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
ServiceStack.HttpError
No Stack Trace Available

2014-07-16 10:51:43.7568 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 70.28.116.186. Response time: 1360 ms.
2014-07-16 10:51:56.8218 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Check for plugin updates
2014-07-16 10:51:56.8218 Info - App: Executing Check for plugin updates
2014-07-16 10:51:56.8218 Info - App: Check for plugin updates Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2014-07-16 10:51:56.8218 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
2014-07-16 10:51:58.8838 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Organize new media files
2014-07-16 10:51:58.8838 Info - App: Executing Organize new media files
2014-07-16 10:51:58.8948 Info - App: Organize new media files Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2014-07-16 10:51:58.8948 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded

unhandled_8b5c311f-84ac-4035-b250-a796aa565d78.txt

Edited by tonyrcom

tonyrcom

Hi all,

I cannot Scan my media library, as it keep failing with error Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

after latest update to server.

Thanks T

Koleckai Silvestri

How much memory do you have on the server? On my installation, the server rarely goes over 300 Megabytes though. They'll need logs to see why it used up the memory.

Edit: Just ran the scan and the memory increased to 209 Megabytes. If you're using Chrome, it currently has a serious memory leak on tabs with Flash content. I've had tabs eat up 3 GB of Ram.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Spaceboy

I've seen this twice in the last week to 10 days. It completed fine the subsequent time so I just ignored it tbh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

There's another thread on this, unless you're the same guy! I also have seen this but mine has suceeded on subsequent runs. 16gb of ram on the PC running mbs but media is all on a nas

tonyrcom

Hi All i have 4 gig of ram, chrome is not running just MB3 server on this machine.

Thanks

T

Koleckai Silvestri

One of the developers will have to look at the logs to see if anything stands out.

Spaceboy

It last happened 6 days ago according to the notification. If I see it again I'll capture the log