Profile settings

CBers

CBers

@@Abobader - sorry, but I don't like that the information about a user next to their posts has been removed (http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8690-i-like-this-signature/?p=115352)

Why have you removed the points that people have accrued? It shows at a glance how helpful the user has been in the forums.

Has a user's online status been removed as well? I always find this useful.

Why has it all changed? What was the reason?

It wasn't broke, so why was it fixed?

• Like 3

Yogi

Here,here,

I think all the info there was helpful and informative. Definitely shoudl be added back imo.

• Like 1

AdrianW

I can't understand why that info was removed - it's not like it was taking up any more space, we've now just got whitespace instead.

Online status, date joined and reputation was all useful info.

Although at least it's still visible by hovering over the user name - but it is an extra step.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

Good day,

Please read here:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8690-i-like-this-signature/

And again, re read of all the posts there.

Things start it when I was "just" suggest I will add something to ease things for you all, but it turn out and indeed lead to the idea that most of that info many members seen it not good idea, and the talk about not my suggestion, no, it was about what "already" we have there.

Sorry of some members as myself included do not agree on this, but I will go with what most wanted to be.

My best.

CBers

Hi Abo.

That thread, now locked, was the catalyst for starting this thread.

I did participate in it and said there if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Still don't know why this action was taken.

I agree certain things shouldn't be put in people's signatures but the mini profile is very useful, especially rep, location and online status.

I for one would like to see that put back and it looks like others do as well.

Any chance of it returning?

CWNashvegas

Abo, I only saw two posters that actually had an issue with what was previously displayed. By my count, I think most people just wanted it to stay as it was without adding (or removing) anything else.

Edited by Knowledge Base
  • Like 1

Good day,

I just didn't want anything else added to it.  I think the reputation should go back.  That is something most people expect to see in a forum.

The main idea with the original suggestion (other thread) was to make some info hidden and shorten the space at topic view, then as example, our buddy Luke as example (just example here):

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8690-i-like-this-signature/&do=findComment&comment=115013

That one we moved, as join date.

Then Cheese about donate button, then CBers said it not important, since Tapatalk do not show it, then Techy about space in general. some as well like the replies as well some members do not like it at all.

I went a head in that thread and I said will removed what we removed now, no one said anything only 2 from our team said they wanted as is it, but again, they using (as I understand it from their replies) Tapatalk, so ...

What important, as local time, and it there, other info's easy be showing by moving the mouse on the member name:

53c6eb181ce6c_mediab3abo1805.jpg

53c6eb2f7757b_mediab3abo1806.jpg

My best

By the way - in case you counted what i said, ignore it. That is only my opinion but I don't really care too much about this.

By the way - in case you counted what i said, ignore it. That is only my opinion but I don't really care too much about this.

I can not ignore your point of view buddy.

I'd still like to see reputation put back on the main display.

So rep you wanted back, that all, correct?

I just didn't want anything else added to it.  I think the reputation should go back.  That is something most people expect to see in a forum.

• Like 2

I can not ignore your point of view buddy.

So rep you wanted back, that all, correct?

Well for me i like minimalism. I think too much info = clutter = harder to read, and one could argue invasion of privacy. However, I really don't care about this particular issue all that much, so please ignore my vote on this one.

Definitely at least reputation.  That is a feature of almost all forums that users expect and it is an incentive for people to be helpful and shows off that we have helpful people here.

Good day,

I will add that today.

Rep, location and online status as before?

Sorry, only rep. BTW, location still there but it will be removed later on.

My best

Definitely at least reputation.  That is a feature of almost all forums that users expect and it is an incentive for people to be helpful and shows off that we have helpful people here.

Soon will apply a modification that whom his/her answer accepted at all supported forums will get 5 points instead of one point rep as like matters.

CBers

Sorry, only rep. BTW, location still there but it will be removed later on.

My best

Why??

Soon will apply a modification that whom his/her answer accepted at all supported forums will get 5 points instead of one point rep as like matters.

You going to back-date that ;)

Good day,

Why??

Because that belong to "custom profile" so more added from the members, will auto show here and we need to reduce as possible the info at topic view.

You going to back-date that  ;)

Sorry, did not get what you mean here.

CBers

Good day,

Because that belong to "custom profile" so more added from the members, will auto show here and we need to reduce as possible the info at topic view.

Sorry, did not get what you mean here.

Custom profile?

By back-date, will you be able to update rep fir Best Answers already applied?

So if I have 2 Best Answer, can you add the additional rep points to my rep total?

Good day,

Custom profile?

By back-date, will you be able to update rep fir Best Answers already applied?

So if I have 2 Best Answer, can you add the additional rep points to my rep total?

Custom profile = The info a members put in his profile.

The problem at that, sometimes the info too long to fit in one line, so it take 2 lines and a like.

Regarding the rep point for best answer, as info, any modification will start taking effect the day it add it, we need another modification just for that to scan the best answer, I will see if we can apply that as well.

I will add "offline/online" icon, but not under the userinfo (the info under your avatar) but will be beside you user name.

That way, topic view will not have more space adding to it.

My best

• Like 1

Good day,

Done regarding offline/online in topic view:

53c83352641af_mediab3abo1807.jpg

53c833684ebeb_mediab3abo1808.jpg

My best

• Like 2