Channels in MBC

Macburp

Macburp

Just implemented the new ITV channel, is great. PQ is excellent, and it works on an extender! Brilliant.

Was a bit disappointed to see ff/rw does not work at all in MBC, and not does resume. Can this be resolved?

Was a bit disappointed to see ff/rw does not work at all in MBC, and not does resume. Can this be resolved?

FF/Rew per se don't work in the WMC player (except on very rare media types) so skipping and seeking is the normal method.

I don't believe we can seek channels in MBC, however, due to the way they are being streamed from the server.  Can I see a log of you playing one and attempting to skip or seek?

Macburp

OK, log is at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22367822/MBClassic-16720140776565e87a84fada107b38ad5dc04bf.log . This is an MBC log only, hope you don't need a server log also.

Pause works. FF/RW, chapter seek, and skip forward/back doesn't work :(. I'm reminded of the old days of Transcode 360 on Windows XP. It's not pleasant :)

@@ebr, understand that its a near-impossible task to put this together given the current server process for channels, but I think its worth doing. MBC is by far MBC's most mature and feature-filled client - your flagship. If the flagship client can't do catchup TV, you'll be behind the likes of Plex and XBMC - not so good.

(Oh, nearly forgot - Eric, thanks for all your effort and help)

I see all of our attempts to seek being processed when you try to skip or direct seek.  If they aren't working it is due to the streaming of the channel.

Macburp

OK, log is at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22367822/MBClassic-16720140776565e87a84fada107b38ad5dc04bf.log . This is an MBC log only, hope you don't need a server log also.

Pause works. FF/RW, chapter seek, and skip forward/back doesn't work :(. I'm reminded of the old days of Transcode 360 on Windows XP. It's not pleasant :)

@@ebr, understand that its a near-impossible task to put this together given the current server process for channels, but I think its worth doing. MBC is by far MBC's most mature and feature-filled client - your flagship. If the flagship client can't do catchup TV, you'll be behind the likes of Plex and XBMC - not so good.

(Oh, nearly forgot - Eric, thanks for all your effort and help)

I see all of our attempts to seek being processed when you try to skip or direct seek.  If they aren't working it is due to the streaming of the channel.

Thanks for the bad news :). @@Luke, @@snazy2000, can anything be done to improve matters for MBC users of channels?

For this to be fully supported in MBC, it will probably require more logic on my end to know something is streaming and not try and use the normal seek functionality of the player but, instead, start an entirely new stream at the new location.  At least, I think that is how the mobile apps do it...