Wrong trailers downloaded

jhs39

jhs39

The function to download trailers locally for movies in my collection almost always downloads the wrong trailer unless the movie is very new.  The strange thing is that it keeps downloading the same wrong trailer over and over and over--The Double starring Richard Gere.  Why is it downloading bad trailers and why is it always the same trailer?

BATTLE DONKEY

Is it downloading a trailer for another movie by the same name? As far as I have noticed the trailer downloading feature only looks for the same title, it doesn't honour a year with the name or any sort of IMDb # or anything else, just the name. I've noticed this also with movies like red dawn (original) and it keeps downloading the trailer for the newer remake. The plugin can use some updating to add some more logic to the movie and trailer selection but the developers are busy with all sorts of other things. For the most part it works, not perfect but it manages, in due time I'm sure someone will give the plugin the added features it needs

jhs39

The movies don't have the same name.  I just checked the movies I watched last night--there are no locally downloaded trailers in the folders but the trailer button came up anyway on the Roku menu for the movies and the trailer that played was The Double starring Richard Gere.  I assumed there was actually a physical copy of the trailer in the movie folder but apparently something else is going on.