External Player Bitrate confusion.

asaddon
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

asaddon

Guys do you know what bitrate a file will play at if I use MXPlayer or any other external player instead of Emby's default Exoplayer on Android TV? Will it play at the stock maximum bitrates of the video file or it'll still follow the Max Streaming Bitrate settings we used under Emby playback page and downgrade the bitrate if the set limit is lower than the video file bitrate?

I would've tested this myself but I don't see any option to check stats or logs under the Mx player TV app.

asaddon
Hi, it will use the app playback settings.

Thanks for the reply, just to reconfirm, if I select 100Mbits/sec and the video file I'm playing is 50Mbits, the external player will play it at full resolution and bitrate without any transcoding ( Assuming the device support DirectPlay) or downgrading the quality?

asaddon
Correct yes.

Sorry I forgot to mention in my orignal question, I'm talking about remote play (over the internet). In that scenario too it'll still behaves the same?

• Solution

Yes, unless you choose the option to pass the direct path, it will respect the bitrate settings in both the app and server.