Issues looging in to Emby

pam6762@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Paul Merritt said:

Cant log in on my tv please help!!

Hi, are you connecting to your own Emby Server, or someone else's?

Paul Merritt
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you connecting to your own Emby Server, or someone else's?

It says i have not validated my account . How do i do this?

You didn't answer the question.

Is it your Emby Server or someone else's?

Is your server setup with a domain name and SSL?

Can you connect to your server using a web browser using the admin account and password?

Paul Merritt

No and i dont know the administration name or pasword. It is asking for my server name or domain

1 hour ago, Paul Merritt said:

No and i dont know the administration name or pasword. It is asking for my server name or domain

You don't know the admin username to your own server? did someone else set it up for you?

Paul Merritt

I originally bought the box from a computer store they no longer deal with this stuff anymore. I was referred to salted bacon. I sighned up with them and here i am with emby not working and i need some support to get it going again. I got my first invoice a few weeks ago and everything was running fine. Now it wants a server or domain or Ip address??

seanbuff
54 minutes ago, Paul Merritt said:

I was referred to salted bacon. I sighned up with them and here i am

Hi, since you've signed up on someones else's server - you should contact them directly for support.
Only the administrator on that server can help in this instance.

Hope that helps.

We are confused.  If it was running fine then you were able to login to manage the server correct?  You had to setup libraries, configure the system, set up your users.  You HAD to have an admin account and password to do these things. You had to move a lot of content to set the server up.  How could you not know the administration username and password?

To be clear Emby software is used to build your own PERSONAL "Netflix" type system only better in many ways as you control the content.

Not being accusation but your story doesn't sound right so let me tell another story.

A guy knows a girl who knows a guy who can hook him up to a media server where he can watch 10,000 movies and 200 tv shows and is charged $x  a month similar to a Netflix or Amazon Prime subscription.  The guy gets an account and it works for a few day, a week maybe a month and then it stops and he can't log in anymore.

If you're the first guy who installed his own server, loaded the server software, added his own media then we want to help you but we need more information on how you went about setting it up.  Right now you haven't given any of this info so we have ZERO info to help you with.

If you're the guy who knows the girl who has a friend then you came to the wrong place asking for help if they are running our software for illegal services distributing content they haven't licensed to distribute. :)

You've mentioned "Salted Bacon" a couple of times and I've never heard of them. If you meant "BaconFoot" they were an illegal provider that was shut down so you have no chance of connecting to them again.

In any case if you're the first guy we want to help you but need more info.  If you're the second guy we can't/won't help you use illegal services but we would be happy to show you the light and help you setup your own server.

Edited by cayars

What the heck is salty bacon....?

Has baconfeet come back as something else?  Do you have a link to this?

Thanks.

Paul Merritt

The company i got What is administration user name. I don't even know what that is!! If i did i wouldnt be asking for help!

Paul Merritt

The company is called salted meat. I am just a guy who knows very little about electronics. I am just try to get my emby from my box back running. I pay $23 a month for this and i don't seem to be getting anywhere with this!!!!

2 minutes ago, Paul Merritt said:

The company is called salted meat. I am just a guy who knows very little about electronics. I am just try to get my emby from my box back running. I pay $23 a month for this and i don't seem to be getting anywhere with this!!!!

Hi there, I apologize for the frustration. If you don't have the ability to manage your own server, and if they set it up for you, then you will probably need to go through them.

15 hours ago, Paul Merritt said:

I originally bought the box from a computer store 

The box you're referring to.  Is this a small device you hook directly up to the TV, likely has a remote and you use this box to access Emby?

59 minutes ago, Paul Merritt said:

The company is called salted meat.

Do you have a website address for them or a phone number?

15 hours ago, Paul Merritt said:

I got my first invoice a few weeks ago and everything was running fine.

What is the email address you received the invoice from?

Paul Merritt

I left salted meat a message to give me info on how to hook up. Hopefully they get back to me. They never sent me any info on setting up!

Do you have contact info for them you can share with us to help as well?