MBS - IFTTT Integration

• 3 weeks later...

What's the status of this? Was looking into using this for controlling wemo switches when movie starts/ends or possibly some Google Home integration (saw this video with Alexa and was amazed:

).

• 1 month later...
julianb
@@chef did start making a plug-in for web requests, but I don't know what happened with it. https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/41379-eventghost-emby-server-ifttt-plug-in/page-1

With the IFTTT Maker Channel (free) we could receive and send web requests to trigger a command.

This is really something I have been waiting on for years now. I'm using Philips Hue, Google Home, Harmony, and some Belkin WeMo units, and they all are integrated with IFTTT. So this would really make the Emby setup top notch! 

I can dig out the sln from my visual studio projects and see if it could be refined.

I understand it was buggy.

Unlike the video posted above, controlling emby with Alexa is different from the maker plugin.

There is a discussion over on another thread regarding the possiblity of having Alexa control emby, and maybe even emby clients.

The ifttt plugin was based off of old Vera plugin code, but that code has since been refactored, so I will take another look :)

There is a discussion over on another thread regarding the possiblity of having Alexa control emby, and maybe even emby clients.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Scott310

I hate to post something from a competitor but I think it is relevant.  Luke, if you don't agree feel free to remove my post.  I got this email from PLEX today and actually came here to see if something like this is being worked on.  Thought you might want to check it out.

https://www.plex.tv/blog/alexa-ask-plex-get-party-started/?utm_source=Plex&utm_medium=email&utm_content=alexa_button&utm_campaign=Alexa+Roundup+January+2017

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...