Media scan (monitor) no longer working.

ShaneP

ShaneP

Hi Everyone, 

Long time listener, first time caller, I have an NFS share that is spilt into a Movies and Series directories, same permissions applied to both, the Movie folder used to scan and would pick up file changes, the Series one still does, I have double checked the permissions and all is well, set the log to debug, and I can see that it sets up a watch and on occasion sets up a watch to a sub directory. I have tired multiple things, I have deleted the library and reset it up, I have changed directory structures, currently Libroot/Movie Name/Movie File.mp4 and manual scans.

On another note, love the product, got the premier life time subscription and really happy, no issues, until this.

embyserver.txt

Edited by ShaneP

mastrmind11
1 hour ago, ShaneP said:

Hi Everyone, 

Long time listener, first time caller, I have an NFS share that is spilt into a Movies and Series directories, same permissions applied to both, the Movie folder used to scan and would pick up file changes, the Series one still does, I have double checked the permissions and all is well, set the log to debug, and I can see that it sets up a watch and on occasion sets up a watch to a sub directory. I have tired multiple things, I have deleted the library and reset it up, I have changed directory structures, currently Libroot/Movie Name/Movie File.mp4 and manual scans.

On another note, love the product, got the premier life time subscription and really happy, no issues, until this.

embyserver.txt 188.63 kB · 0 downloads

do you mean scheduled library scans aren't working, or real-time monitor is not working, or both?  

ShaneP
2 minutes ago, mastrmind11 said:

do you mean scheduled library scans aren't working, or real-time monitor is not working, or both?  

Both, scan and monitor, I also tried disabling the monitor in hopes that might be interfering. 

mastrmind11
3 minutes ago, ShaneP said:

Both, scan and monitor, I also tried disabling the monitor in hopes that might be interfering. 

ls -l from the root directory says what?

ShaneP
12 minutes ago, mastrmind11 said:

ls -l from the root directory says what?

By root you mean the root of the library not scanning if so...

image.png.871ebda8dc615abfaa5b88e3979ac10c.png

I have a group on the nas/emby server that has read only rights to the directory on the nas, the emby user is part of that group (same uid), I have it set up this way on the 'Series' directory and that scans. Could it be a date thing?

ShaneP

Think I have resolved it, seems the QNAP interface was not setting the perms correctly, I ssh'd in to the NAS and set the perms manually with good ol' chmod and all seems okay now. Thanks.

• Like 1