About Music and Concerts in the same library - EmbyServer 4.4.3.0

CarlosLima
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

CarlosLima

Hi,
I have a folder with only .MP3 music artists and their albums, which I call MUSICS.
I also have a folder with an MP4 video artist show, which I call CONCERTS.
I would like to have in the same main menu MUSICS, both contents in folder format.
Then the client clicks on the MUSICS menu and will see only the 2 folders as submenus and he would have this structure:
menu: MUSICS
submenu in folder view:
MUSICS
CONCERTS
I tried to put both folders in a library with mixed content and was unsuccessful, nothing was scanned.
Now I'm trying to put both folders in the library with music content, but from what I'm seeing, only the songs will be scanned and not the concerts.
Is there a solution for the case or is it really necessary to keep MUSICS and CONCERT in separate libraries/menus ?
Thank you since now.

Edited by CarlosLima

• Solution
Happy2Play

Currently yes as only Music and audiobooks support audio files, no video files.  And all other content types do not support audio files.

• Thanks 1

pwhodges

If they are both in a music library, you can see them separately by selecting "Folders" view.  That's my default, in fact.

Paul

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

If they are both in a music library, you can see them separately by selecting "Folders" view.  That's my default, in fact.

Paul

You will see folders yes but there is no content as video will not display via Music.

CarlosLima

That, I saw the two folders; songs and concerts, but the concert folder proved to be empty.
In this case, I separated again and I will have to use it as two libraries and two menus, something I don't like, but I'll have to live with.

pwhodges

Sorry, I misunderstood "concerts", and didn't realise you meant music videos.  Yes, like you I have a separate library for them also.

Paul

CarlosLima

Hi, yes, in Brazil we call the Concert or Show, Music Video.
For us, a music video is that short video of just one song.
It's a shame I can't unite, because I understand they are related, but I always used them separately.

Edited by CarlosLima