Jump to Year/Decade when Sorting by Release Date

biggcriz

biggcriz

I would love to be able to jump to a year when I have my movie titles sorted by release date. When the movies are sorted by title I can click on a letter or type in the first three letters to jump down the list, however when I sort by release date and I'm in the mood for an 80s movie I have to scroll through 30+ years of movies to get to those releases. If the years (or even decades) were down the right hand side of the screen like the letters are when you sort by title that would be huge. I apologize in advance if there is a way to do this or if its already been requested I've been trying to find a quick way to do this and I can't seem to find one.

• Like 3

d00zah

An equivalent of the alpha-picker showing year (or even decade) would be great when sorted by release date, but in the interim, have you tried filtering by year? Too many clicks for my taste, but it narrows things down quickly(-ish)..

6 minutes ago, d00zah said:

An equivalent of the alpha-picker showing year (or even decade) would be great when sorted by release date, but in the interim, have you tried filtering by year? Too many clicks for my taste, but it narrows things down quickly(-ish)..

Yes i think this would make the most sense.

d00zah
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes i think this would make the most sense.

For the sake of clarity... "An equivalent of the alpha-picker" as proposed by the OP, or the interim "filter by date"? The current options could use some refining... IMO.

Well we have filtering by years already, we just need to support multi-select with it. But something that is equivalent to the alpha picker i think would be useful.

d00zah
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Well we have filtering by years already, we just need to support multi-select with it. But something that is equivalent to the alpha picker i think would be useful.

I was just looking at the 'sort by' options & a case could be made for each 'sort by' category to have an appropriate 'jump list' like the 'alpha-picker'. It would certainly streamline navigation.

Edited by d00zah

biggcriz
1 hour ago, d00zah said:

have you tried filtering by year

Yes I have used the filters a little bit but I agree it gets a little tedious to reset the filter after looking through the individual year

43 minutes ago, Luke said:

An equivalent to the alpha picker would be clutch but even the ability to multi-select or possibly even a limiter for start and end year would be fantastic for usability

• 4 weeks later...