RS819 problem delivering files to server

crosspgh

crosspgh

I'm currently using a Synology RS819 as my file storage connected to a media server running windows server 2019. I use to have all my files on internal disk and all played just find. Since adding the nas, all files that played fine before, now play a while and then stops and then starts. My server is using a Xeon E3-1225 V5. Most of my files are 10bit x265, so I read the post and disabled hw acceration, they play a little longer, but still stop and then start. It seems like the connection drops and then reconnects. Adding the external nas for a file server seems to has caused the issue.

Any body running in a similar setup have any ideas, i'm using the the folders in the nas mapped as network drives. 

Edited by crosspgh
spelling

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue:

Thanks !

crosspgh

Hi Luke, I resolved it by setting the SMB service values to in the synology nas, it was set to Max SMB3 Min SMB2 with large mtu, i realized Windows Server 2019 needed some registry settings to work, so changed it to max SMB2, min SMB1and it  is working great now, so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for your response

Edited by crosspgh