Correct TV Show Wrong Season and Episode

Jinhjy

Jinhjy

Hey so I was hoping for tips or help on how to fix this issue.

So I keep running into having a TV show detect correctly, but the season and episode metadata is of another show's for some reason. I checked and the episode IDs are the correct ones for the correct show, however, again the metadata it grabs is for the wrong show. I am not sure what to do to correct it other than go through manually and correct the metadata myself.

See attached screenshot as an example of what this looks like currently.

Thanks for all your time and help!

image.thumb.png.3ff1b9903af27278fc9efbdf465d430f.png

Edited by Jinhjy

Chyron

What is the correct name of the show, and how are you naming/organizing your files for it?

Chyron

Ah. I see.

The metadata for the show is populating from "Why Not?!", but the season poster and episode thumbnails are populating from "Why Women Kill."

I think maybe you should post your server logs to shed more light on what it is doing.

Edited by Chyron

Jinhjy
12 minutes ago, Chyron said:

Ah. I see.

The metadata for the show is populating from "Why Not?!", but the season poster and episode thumbnails are populating from "Why Women Kill."

I think maybe you should post your server logs to shed more light on what it is doing.

Any particular server logs I should grab that might help? I'll also refresh metadata if that might help make the logs more relevant since I've added much content since adding this show in.

Happy2Play

What external IDs appear in Edit metadata for the Series?

Edited by Happy2Play

Jinhjy
9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

The issue is TMDB returning "Why Women Kill." in the query when it uses the TVDBid.

2020-06-29 09:07:23.960 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/find/365069?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&external_source=tvdb_id

{"movie_results":[],"person_results":[],"tv_results":[{"original_name":"Why Women Kill","id":87428,"name":"Why Women Kill","vote_count":31,"vote_average":7.8,"first_air_date":"2019-08-15","poster_path":"/a6yrDXLGP54Mx7EfvQJFW8vfzbj.jpg","genre_ids":[35,80,18],"original_language":"en","backdrop_path":"/wgu90fpDfSbXxGvu1l2zunPRQGb.jpg","overview":"Three women living in three different decades: a housewife in the '60s, a socialite in the '80s and a lawyer in 2018, deal with infidelity in their marriages.","origin_country":["US"],"popularity":22.882}],"tv_episode_results":[],"tv_season_results":[]}

What external IDs appear in Edit metadata for the Series?

Might just be my test.

Hmm, forgot to check that

IMDB ID: tt9054904 - Why Women Kill

TheMovieDB ID: 100983 - Why is Ludwig not King?

TheTVDB ID: 383542 - Why Not?!
image.png.b528811ed60eaaff0d4a5a178a513258.png

Happy2Play

That is what I suspected a Providerid series Mismatch.  So each provider returns something different.  If the series does not exist on other sites you will probably have to delete wrong ids, Refresh and lock metadata.

Or try Identify with the TVDBid.

Edited by Happy2Play

Jinhjy
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

That is what I suspected a Providerid series Mismatch.  So each provider returns something different.  If the series does not exist on other sites you will probably have to delete wrong ids, Refresh and lock metadata.

Or try Identify with the TVDBid.

So, I did that and corrected the ID for TheMovieDB too.

However, even after a refresh metadata and replace images. Only first episode's thumb image corrects, while the descriptions and thumbs of the episodes still suffer of some residue. Any easy way of cleaning this up?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Happy2Play
Just now, Jinhjy said:

So, I did that and corrected the ID for TheMovieDB too.

However, even after a refresh metadata and replace images. Only first episode's thumb image corrects, while the descriptions and thumbs of the episodes still suffer of some residue. Any easy way of cleaning this up?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Do you save images and metadata with media?  If not I would remove the series, do a library scan, then re-add the series.

Jinhjy
8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Do you save images and metadata with media?  If not I would remove the series, do a library scan, then re-add the series.

Tried the second option of your suggestion, and it proceeds to grab the other shows' thumbs and description somehow even though the metadata IDs for the show are the corrected ones. 

Happy2Play
15 minutes ago, Jinhjy said:

Tried the second option of your suggestion, and it proceeds to grab the other shows' thumbs and description somehow even though the metadata IDs for the show are the corrected ones. 

Only the log would show what it is doing with each provider.