MBC Doesn't Appear On Play-To

fantaxp7

fantaxp7

As the title says, I cannot play-to MBC from my android client or my laptop on the server. I was able to at my father's house.

Am I maybe missing some setting? I thought maybe it was related to firewall so I disabled that but still no luck.

Thanks

Does the user logged into the web client/android have the permission to control other clients?

fantaxp7

Does the user logged into the web client/android have the permission to control other clients?

Hello,

Yes, I am the user. I also should mention that I play-to chromecast without a problem.

Thanks

fantaxp7

Okay, another stupid question maybe but, MBC is running, right...?

Yep, I've tried while sitting in front of my HTPC in MBC. Also logged in as the same user as on my android phone.

So, in the web client, when you click on the cast icon, the MBC session doesn't show as an option?

Does the session show on the main dashboard page?

fantaxp7

So, in the web client, when you click on the cast icon, the MBC session doesn't show as an option?

Does the session show on the main dashboard page?

Correct, it does not show as an option.

And yes it does show the session on the main page as well as whatever is playing.

fantaxp7

server: Version 3.0.5307.28945

MBC: 3.0.195.0 7-14.1

AND I just opened up my HTPC and tested while finding the version number...and it works via the server. I will test my android later today. But I am thinking now perhaps I was mistaken and I was able to play from server previously....Which I would assume would be more of a android app issue?

Thanks for the help ebr.

Yeah, if it is working in the server but not Android then ask about it over in the Android forum.

• Like 1