Black screen when starting Emby

rb9999

rb9999

I have recently started seeing a black screen when starting Emby on my Sield Pro 2019.  I see it recently updated to 1.8.10g and that is when I started seeing it. Gotta kill Emby and start it back for it to work. Was hoping to see the issue in which I started the app and it flashed and didn't start go away. Not seeing that one anymore. :-)

Hi.  Exactly when does this happen?

The next time it happens can you immediately send a log from the app after re-starting it?

rb9999

I exit the app after watching something, and then when I click on emby to start a new session at a later time, I just get the black screen. 

As for logs, yes. I'll send next time. 

Edited by rb9999

14 hours ago, rb9999 said:

I exit the app after watching something

Exactly how are you doing that and when (while video is playing or after backing out)?

rb9999

That is a good question. I can tell you what I typically do but can't confirm I did this when this happened. I will pay closer attention to what I do so I can tell you. 

But I usually watch a show until it ends, delete it, and then press the home button on the Shield. Then switch inputs back to my TV.  Then, to go back to the Shield, I press the home button and my tv automatically switches inputs and I am at the home screen on Shield, then I click on the emby icon and that is when I get the black screen. 

Edited by rb9999

• 3 weeks later...
rb9999
On 6/28/2020 at 4:36 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Exactly when does this happen?

The next time it happens can you immediately send a log from the app after re-starting it?

It just happened. I sent the logs at 8:04pm EST.   I can't recall what I did last in the app. 

Edited by rb9999

14 hours ago, rb9999 said:

It just happened. I sent the logs at 8:04pm EST.   I can't recall what I did last in the app. 

Thanks very much.  That helped.

Daxman27

I was wondering if you were able to fix the problem. I am having the same issue on both if my Shield Pro devices. When I switch back to the Emby App I get a black screen and I have to close the app and open it again for the interface to load.

rb9999

I just kill the app and start it again. It's only happened twice in about a month.  But no, it still happens sometimes. 

Edited by rb9999

Daxman27
24 minutes ago, rb9999 said:

I just kill the app and start it again. It's only happened twice in about a month.  But no, it still happens sometimes. 

For me it happens every time I switch to another application and I try to go back to the Emby app after a while. So I am being forced to having to fully close the Emby app when I turn off the Shield to avoid the next user getting a black screen when they try to use emby, very annoying.

It looks like the app loses the connection to the server after a while and loses connectivity. Hopefully it won't happen again but it happened twice on two different shield pro devices. Thanks for your response. 

rb9999

I load apps and switch back to Emby all the time and generally don't have issues. I can't seem to tie mine to any particular actions since it doesn't happen often. I have a 2019 Shield Pro. Is that what you're using?