Jump to content
TheShanMan

Drag to another monitor, then videos are black

Recommended Posts

TheShanMan
Posted (edited)

If Theater is open on one monitor, then I drag it to another monitor and try to play a video, I get audio but just a black screen (but audio plays fine). I have to restart Theater, and then videos will play properly on that monitor. Not the end of the world but it's a bit of a pain. Any configuration changes I can make to solve this? Or anything I can do to troubleshoot it? Is it a bug in Theater? Or just a limitation of electron?

If it makes any difference, I'm running 3.0.6 due to the overlay issue, on Windows 7. On another computer I'm running 3.0.11 on Windows 10 and I don't see this problem. Not sure if the version difference is the issue, or if it's a configuration difference, OS difference, or what.

Edited by TheShanMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

Hi, for the older version, it's hard to say. Glad to hear it's not an issue with the newer version. Thanks for the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheShanMan
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, for the older version, it's hard to say. Glad to hear it's not an issue with the newer version. Thanks for the feedback.

So you suspect the problem is resolved in the latest version then? As I recall, there's a workaround fix for the overlay bug in versions newer than 3.0.6. Is that what you think is the best thing to try then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
2 minutes ago, TheShanMan said:

So you suspect the problem is resolved in the latest version then? As I recall, there's a workaround fix for the overlay bug in versions newer than 3.0.6. Is that what you think is the best thing to try then?

As a temporary measure, yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheShanMan

I upgraded to 3.0.11 and this problem went away. I then applied the main.js mod and the problem returned. Anything else I can do to resolve it? Or do I need to choose between a working overlay and being able to drag to another window?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
4 minutes ago, TheShanMan said:

I upgraded to 3.0.11 and this problem went away. I then applied the main.js mod and the problem returned. Anything else I can do to resolve it? Or do I need to choose between a working overlay and being able to drag to another window?

In the short term, for now, unfortunately yes it looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheShanMan

That's OK. I'll survive without being able to drag. :lol: Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

Thanks for the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...