Emby Server is not downloading metadata for a Library

Michelangelo1338

Michelangelo1338

Hi,

I fresh installed emby on my new debian server yesterday and there is a Problem that I never had. I created 3 Libraries and emby downloaded and scanned the metadata for 2 Libraries but its not downloading any metadata for the 3rd one. I tried changing the path of the movies and tried restarting the emby server and refreshing the metadata and still have the same problem. You can see the screenshot below and I will attach the log for more information. I hope you can tell me whats causing this to happen.

Best regards

emby.png

embyserver.txt

Hi there, the server is trying to send outgoing requests to download metadata but they are timing out and failing. These are for MovieDb, Omdb, and others. Most likely you have something blocking Emby Server from making these connections, such as firewall, security software, or vpn. If you can resolve this then it should resolve your issue. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Michelangelo1338
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, the server is trying to send outgoing requests to download metadata but they are timing out and failing. These are for MovieDb, Omdb, and others. Most likely you have something blocking Emby Server from making these connections, such as firewall, security software, or vpn. If you can resolve this then it should resolve your issue. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi,

I reinstalled emby and did the first scan and it was succesful and it downloaded the metadata but then I added some movies and installed the trakt plugin and restarted and then refreshed the library and got the same problem again....

I have the firewall disabled so no idea whats causing this + I had emby on ubuntu on the same server with same ip and did not have any issue. Only happend to me after I switched to debian. I also could not activate my emby premire. After I restarted emby it worked and the metadata as well. after 10 min everything becomes laggy and I also can not browse the plugins catalog for example. I considered moving back zo ubuntu because of this. I assure you its not internet issue because I was able to download the metadata after I removed emby completly and installed it again but after I restarted it it happend again. Hope you know whats the problem here

• 2 weeks later...